Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Processing Timelines

NEXUS First Time Applications Processing Timelines

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 31, 19, 4:03 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TheBOSman
Wiki Link
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11
39 business days as of 2018-11-30
35 business days as of 2018-09-06
32 business days as of 2018-06-26
20 business days as of 2018-04-13
20 business days as of 2018-02-28
18 business days as of 2018-01-29
18 business days as of 2018-01-22
23 business days as of 2017-12-14
26 business days as of 2017-10-05
60 business days as of 2017-07-12
65 business days as of 2017-07-04
71 business days as of 2017-05-31
51 business days as of 2017-03-31
47 business days as of 2017-02-28
32 business days as of 2016-12-31
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 12, 12, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold/1MM, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR View Post
When you login to GOES you'll see the link for Trusted Traveler Program, your PASSID number, and the renewal date.. that is your new expiration date. Click on the Trusted Traveler Program link and right at the top it should say Global Entry, Nexus, Sentri..all will share that same renewal date.

Great to know that the hassle of the interview is not required for renewal..at least for now.
I have three logos (Global Entry, Nexus, Sentri) there. Does that mean I can use Sentri as well?

I'm waiting for my new NENUX card to activate it.
Old Sep 12, 12, 6:24 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MrJBoy View Post
I have three logos (Global Entry, Nexus, Sentri) there. Does that mean I can use Sentri as well?

I'm waiting for my new NENUX card to activate it.
I believe that you can clear SENTRI on foot using your NEXUS card; however, if you want to use SENTRI with an automobile, you will need to have it inspected by CBP.
Old Sep 12, 12, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
I have read through it multiple times now but am not really smarter than before.

A friend wants to sign up for both Global Entry and NEXUS. What should he select for the GOES pre-approval?

I'm only eligible for GE so doesn't apply to me unfortunately (I would love to have NEXUS for the purpose of entering Canada)...

Thanks!
Old Sep 13, 12, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
I have read through it multiple times now but am not really smarter than before.

A friend wants to sign up for both Global Entry and NEXUS. What should he select for the GOES pre-approval?

I'm only eligible for GE so doesn't apply to me unfortunately (I would love to have NEXUS for the purpose of entering Canada)...

Thanks!
NEXUS. GE doesn't come with NEXUS, but NEXUS does come with GE (and Sentri?)
Also, NENUS application fee is $50 instead of GE $100 fee.
I'm talking about all air travel.
I don't cross a country by vehicle, so I don't know about it...
Old Sep 13, 12, 12:20 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MrJBoy View Post
NEXUS. GE doesn't come with NEXUS, but NEXUS does come with GE (and Sentri?)
Also, NENUS application fee is $50 instead of GE $100 fee.
I'm talking about all air travel.
I don't cross a country by vehicle, so I don't know about it...
Thanks! I will meet him tomorrow and help with the GOES App.

He is Canadian Citizen so it should be a straight forward process providing he doesn't have a dark past I don't know about.
Old Sep 13, 12, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
Thanks! I will meet him tomorrow and help with the GOES App.

He is Canadian Citizen so it should be a straight forward process providing he doesn't have a dark past I don't know about.
Yep, Canadian citizen NEXUS members have GE access.
Old Sep 18, 12, 8:33 am

Applied 8/31/12

Conditional Approval 9/17/12

First appointment date available anywhere within 5 hours of Rochester, NY 9/28/12 at Buffalo/Niagra

Not bad though I will keep checking.
Old Oct 5, 12, 10:07 am

Applied 8/31/12
Conditional Approval 9/17/12
Interview 9/28/12
Additional info faxed in 10/4/12
Approved 10/5
Received card 10/9 (10/8 was a mail holiday)

The letter had a return address from Niagra/Whirpool office. I guess they send it from there instead of Willison, Vt now? Maybe it depends on where you are approved?

Last edited by fied1k; Oct 11, 12 at 12:42 pm
Old Nov 9, 12, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR View Post
Finally today I got conditional approval for Nexus. Earliest interview available at the Seattle Enrollment Center is July 19th. Yikes.
Got conditional today. Applied about 3 weeks ago. Earliest appt for Seattle - 4/24/13! Took it with hopes of an earlier cancellation.

Anyone have experience walking in on a different center hoping to do a walk up or is that a no-no? I'm heading to upstate NY this week and would love to try the Champlain office so that I can get iris done at the same time but don't want to push my luck with protocol.
Old Jan 10, 13, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW View Post
I had a similar issue with SEA, dates were 4-6 weeks out. I kept checking the calendar for cancelations, people tend to cancel 1-5 days out if they are going to cancel and found two appointments, one for 2/21(too soon) which was the next day and at 10:00 AM the week of the 27th. I took the one for next week. No appointments the rest of February, not a single one in March to mid April. Check frequently, you may luck out.
Seems like SEA is far worse now, a year later. Soonest appointments usually show around 6 months later, although sooner dates do appear randomly.

I was able to get April 6 and 7 through others' cancellations, but I am seeking a date from April 1-3. Are my chances slim?

And for family appointments, if I can find just one time slot, can I bring the whole family in?

Thank you very much.
Old Jan 29, 13, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
New signup for GOES (and Nexus): How long?

The Friday before last I submitted an application for Trusted Traveler and GOES along with a $50 payment by CC for Nexus. I'm going to be in Toronto for several weeks off and on and want to time my Nexus interview with a project week.

My status shows "Pending Review". How long does this take normally?
Old Jan 29, 13, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
if I recall, my "pending review" cleared in a few days (funny how they managed to process my credit card immediately though), but the in-person interview was seriously delayed, and the first available appointment was about 5 months out. Once your "pending review" status clears, you'll be able to search for available appointments at various locations (airports).
Old Jan 29, 13, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
OK. I'm about 7 business days since my initial application. I'll wait it out. I was hoping for a "few days".
Old Jan 29, 13, 11:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I applied on Jan. 22nd, still showing 'pending'.
Old Jan 30, 13, 10:15 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
When we applied about 18 months ago it took 3 - 4 weeks for the approval. Remember, when you apply for Nexus it has to be approved by both Canada & the U.S. I don't know about YYZ, but at the Detroit, Ambassador Bridge Nexus office you can usually get an appointment within a week. Last December we drove to Toronto to see friends & stopped at YYZ to go to the Nexus office to have the iris scan (can't be done in most U.S. offices). We walked in on a Friday afternoon & there was no one there waiting (granted, for just an iris scan you don't need an appointment) & we were done in 5 min., so if you get an approval and appointments are way out you might just try going over to YYZ on a Friday afternoon & see if they'll take you (the Nexus office is outside security so you can just walk in).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: