Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Interview...time required?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Interview...time required?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by overgrownegyptian
oh so you can schedule a date for after your 30 days window?
As long as you do the scheduling within 30 days of conditional approval, you can select any date that is available. Most centers open their calendars four months in advance.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by overgrownegyptian
oh so you can schedule a date for after your 30 days window?
as long as you schedule within 30 days of approval. At least it was like that for me.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 8:55 pm

sweet, thanks!! appreciate it!!
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:40 am

We just did two 'interviews' (together) in 20 minutes at ORD.

One piece of advice: have something official with your current address. She didn't update her driver's license yet, and had to pull up a statement on her phone to confirm address.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: United 1K
If I have a 2 hour UA layover in ORD, which I think means I will be in Terminal 1, does this give enough time to get out, do the interview, and go back? Seems like it would cut it close so I'm hesitating to make an appointment in case I'm delayed but thinking of giving it a shot if things work out that day.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by silent129
If I have a 2 hour UA layover in ORD, which I think means I will be in Terminal 1, does this give enough time to get out, do the interview, and go back? Seems like it would cut it close so I'm hesitating to make an appointment in case I'm delayed but thinking of giving it a shot if things work out that day.
I did mine on a 2 hour layover in SEA and almost had enough time to catch an earlier flight out. Obviously SEA is a bit different than ORD, but the actual interview shouldn't take more than 20-30 minutes...if that.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Just wanted to nudge this thread back to the top...
It's been a few months since the last post and am just wondering if anything has changed. I'm scheduled to have my interview at CLT at 10:20 and am booked on an 11:20 flight. Judging by what others have said, I should be ok. But I just wanted to double check, since things might have changed since the last post.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 5:15 pm

It took me 15 minutes at ORD in 2011.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
I was asked no questions, unless you consider "May I see your passport and driver's license, please?" to be a question. I watched the video while the guy did something with the computer, then he took my picture. My wife and I could not have been in there more than 15 minutes together.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: DL GM
I just had my interview at LAX. I arrived at 7:59 for an 8:00am appt. I was called in 2 minutes later. The agent asked me about 20 general questions, took my picture and fingerprints and sent me on my way. No video, no kiosk demo, just out the door. Took about 4 minutes total. My approval email was waiting for me when I got to work 10 minutes later.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 1:17 am

Programs: UA Silver, Kimpton InnerCircle VIP, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond.
Showed up 90+ minutes early to my appointment at the Niagara Falls border location. Was handed a printed out PowerPoint presentation to read over, signed a form stating I read it, got my photo/prints done, and was out in less than 10 minutes....probably closer to five actually. Besides the CBP agent, I was the only other one in the entire office. Hard to believe they consider it an interview.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:04 pm

Mine took about 10 minutes. No kiosk. No video. Not even a whole lot of questioning. Thought I was going to get a lot of questions about places I traveled to internationally in the last couple of years! The agent who interviewed me was super nice (and I think he was cute too) , so I enjoyed the interview.

That said, when I got out of my interview, there were a couple of people outside waiting. So it could take longer/shorter depending on other people appointment. I showed up only a couple of minutes ahead of my scheduled time, and it started a bit earlier. I do know there was another person after me that had to wait a bit - he has the same appointment slot as me. He didn't start until 10 minutes after his appointed time, so it depends.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 5:08 pm

Programs: AAPlat/United1K
Processing time after Interview

Wanted to post my experience.

I submitted my application through the UA program and received the Conditional Approval notice within 2 - 3 weeks. My interview was this past Friday(4/12) at SJU. I arrived 20 mins before my scheduled interview but the CBP officer was kind enough to take me in for processing since she was available. I have to say, I had one the best experiences with dealing with a CBP officer to date. She was kind, friendly and knowledgeable. I handed over my documents and was asked a few questions regarding my international trips from the past 5 years. I mentioned all as listed in the application excluding Canada since the application says travel excluding U.S.A, Mexico and Canada. We shared some laughs and talk about some general topics.

Later, she took my photo and fingerprints and showed me how the GE system works. She described everything in detail and helpful to answer all of my questions.The whole experience was a pleasant one. As she was finishing up, she told me she needs some additional checks and there shouldn't be any problem and will be approved in a day or two.

It's been a couple of days and I don't see any changes to my goes account nor did I receive any email. The status says "Inteview Scheduled" same as before.

I wanted to know how long does it actually takes from interview\checks to approval email?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Internationaltraveler14
It's been a couple of days and I don't see any changes to my goes account nor did I receive any email. The status says "Inteview Scheduled" same as before.

I wanted to know how long does it actually takes from interview\checks to approval email?
I did mine yesterday. Less than 10 minutes. Super easy. One thing to note, the "Status" on the website still says "Interview Scheduled" but below that there is now a section for "Program Memberships" which has "Approved" and an expiration date.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:15 pm

Can they interview SO and I simultaneously?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.