Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:34 am

Update almost 4 weeks later

Originally Posted by jennsjazz
I applied for GE on 09/09/18 and application is still pending review. I am hoping this entire process can be completed before December when I fly out of the country. I will update my status when available.
Applied: 9/9
Conditional Approval: Pending Review
Interview: TBD
Wishing for some FT luck
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:15 am

To make everyone currently waiting and worried feel a bit better, I applied and paid on 8/03, conditional Approval still pending for review.
I don't have a rush, just need it by the end of the year pleaseeee
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:53 am

I applied Aug 26, conditional approval by Aug 31 and interview and and final approval done on Sept 26

Husband however applied Sept 3 and is still waiting on the conditional approval. Its been over a month now. US citizen, clear record. So frustrating!

We're traveling next month so hoping that the FT magic works and gets him approved soon!
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:14 pm

My husband and I both applied for GE on Sept 7. He received his notification within 5 days. It is Oct. 6 and I still have not received mine. Madness. We don't live close to a facility so we were hoping to interview on the same day. I'm not sure why the hang up on mine. Straight forward, Same home for 23 years. Any ideas on how to prompt a response from TTP?

The same thing happened with my husband and me. His went through within a couple of days on sept 7. I am still waiting for my conditional approval.

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 6, 2018 at 1:31 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member for readability
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:44 am

I've got my folks to apply for one. It seems the pattern is you either get the conditional approval within few days or about 40 days or so. I see few who applied at the end of Aug are getting approvals now. Trying FT luck. They are booked on to fly out on 11/3.

Mom
Applied: 9/6
Conditional Approval: 9/13
Interview: Scheduled

Dad
Applied: 9/6
Interview: N/A

Wishing for some FT luck
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:11 pm

Applied: 8/23

Hopefully I get a response soon!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:26 am

Applied Sep 28 for GE

October 7th and still no answer. Wishing for some FT luck.

Originally Posted by snowpraire
I applied on June 27th, still waiting for conditional approval. Wife applied in mid July and already got the conditional approval. Trip to Europe in about three weeks, hoping the FT brings me good luck soon
Appl
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by piay9
Applied: 8/23

Hopefully I get a response soon!
From what I’ve seen it seems like a majority of even late August applicants have gotten conditional approval as of or before this month. But 6-8 weeks isn’t much of a sign of being set to be rejected for conditional approval, so I wouldn’t worry about it.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: UA ex-1K, AA, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry
Another data point.

Applied for my father on 9/17 and still pending approval. I emailed them and was told it takes within 8 weeks to get the conditional approval. We have a trip on 11/15 so cutting real close. He works in a government job so there shouldn't be any issues whatsoever! Both myself and my mom took less time when we applied last year.

Fingers crossed!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:34 am

I still can’t figure the whole process out. I called just to make sure my application was in and everything was ok. The gentleman I spoke with at JFK was very polite. He said some applications are processed sooner & it all depends on who’s desk it lands on how long it takes for that person to get to it to be processed. Seems like the variability in times isn’t just us. All US citizens with nothing different in our apps but 1 or 2 countries we’ve traveled to. Have a flight Nov 27th so I’m hoping it goes through in time! Maybe mine landed on the desk of someone who’s on vacay LOL!

My application went in: Sept 14th
No conditional approval yet.

Mom’s application went in: Sept 26
Mom got conditional approval: Oct 1st

Dad’s application went in: Sept 26th
Dad got conditional approval: Oct 1st
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, BA Gold, AF Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by designlady86
Applied: 8/8
Conditionally Approved: Still waiting...

1 Year Old Daughter
Applied: 8/7
Conditionally Approved: 8/14
Interview: Scheduled

We are flying out to Spain on Oct. 11 so fingers crossed that I will get conditionally approved very soon. Hoping for some FT magic to help me get it done. Amazing how random the timing of the approval is, I can see how an infant can get approved in a week but you would assume someone without any possible issues on a background check should go pretty quickly, especially with my Husband and Daughter already approved.
Not true. Our 3 month year old USC infant is still waiting for his conditional approval and it's close to 1 month. Applied on 9/14 and still no changes ...
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Have you tried cancellations at AUS while that enrollment center is open? You can check frequently, as often as you wish. I checked every five to ten minutes.
I checked AUS a few times, but we just decided to make a day trip out of it to San Antonio. Traffic wasn't too bad considering the first weekend of ACL this past weekend.

SAT was a great location. CBP officers were very welcoming and no wait time to speak of.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:43 pm

It is super odd how the approval works lol.

APPLIED & PAID: & 9/11/18
CONDITIONAL APPROVAL: still waiting, totally confused bc I assumed I'd be pretty easy (clean record, military vet, never any law trouble, etc.)

My dad applied 2 weeks later and was approved in like a day or so. He is retired DOD so that probably helped a ton. He also lives in Ohio and I live in Miami. If the applications are processed locally, I guess I understand why it would take so long (everything takes longer in Miami

I leave in less than a month so I'm planning on not having it done by the time I leave. My dad will just have to meet me at the gate / taxi areas for this upcoming trip
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by KMoell22
I still can’t figure the whole process out. I called just to make sure my application was in and everything was ok. The gentleman I spoke with at JFK was very polite. He said some applications are processed sooner & it all depends on who’s desk it lands on how long it takes for that person to get to it to be processed. Seems like the variability in times isn’t just us. All US citizens with nothing different in our apps but 1 or 2 countries we’ve traveled to. Have a flight Nov 27th so I’m hoping it goes through in time! Maybe mine landed on the desk of someone who’s on vacay LOL!

My application went in: Sept 14th
No conditional approval yet.

Mom’s application went in: Sept 26
Mom got conditional approval: Oct 1st

Dad’s application went in: Sept 26th
Dad got conditional approval: Oct 1st
Those in their 50s and older now seem to have faster conditional approval times than say men in their 20s-40s. It wasn’t always this way.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:07 am

Applied September 17, same time as my husband. He got approved and interviewed within 2 weeks. I am still waiting for conditional approval and enduring his teasing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.