Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:22 pm

Approval

applied 3 weeks ago for entr for myself, my mom and brother. All three of us still haven’t been approved. I leave for Germany in 2 days. Was really hoping to have it approved for my trip. Hella stressed
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: United MP Premier Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Shabang15
applied 3 weeks ago for entr for myself, my mom and brother. All three of us still haven’t been approved. I leave for Germany in 2 days. Was really hoping to have it approved for my trip. Hella stressed

Hoping to have it by the time I leave for germany in 6 weeks. I know I wont have it when I return from MBJ, but hoping atleast on that trip or germany trip I can do the interview on my return since the people I am traveling with don't have GE. Looks like mobile passport for me.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:10 pm

Hoping for some thread magic

I applied on 6/25 and I am still waiting for conditional approval. My mother applied a day after me and was approved in under a week. I'm really hoping this thread can do magic for me like it has for so many others!

Update: I received conditional approval on 7/25 and made an appointment for the interview on 8/6. There were earlier available, but not that fit in my schedule. I received my card 8/11.

Total time from application to having the card: 47 days (could have been a week less, if I could have taken the earliest available appointment)

Last edited by eggntoast; Aug 11, 2018 at 5:42 pm Reason: update
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:48 pm

I applied 6/12. Still pending.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:29 pm

Unhappy Time to panic?

I'm a naturalized citizen. Since the news in the last week of denaturalization task forces and what not, I have been on edge and am now stressing about my Global Entry Application. Applied for Global Entry very late in the evening of 6/27, payment was accepted the next day and application has been pending review since then. Have two big overseas trips coming up and was hoping to be cleared by then. Have completely clean record (just started a new job recently and they ran a background check and there was nothing on it). Hoping for some good FT karma. Just feeling jumpy with the current climate.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:34 am

Cool already 1 month

I applied on Jun 13, 2018 and still not conditionally approved!
I am a born US citizen and no duel citizenship.
Is this normal??
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
There are numerous reports in this thread of individuals with security clearances taking longer than average to receive conditional approval. I'm not sure why, perhaps their background checks/verifications take longer, however, that's a topic for another thread.
I used to have a security clearance and diplomatic passport when I was with the state department and it’s going on 4 weeks since I applied. I never imagined it would take this long for the conditional approval.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Beverley Thatcher
I applied June 19th. Hubby and daughter got theirs. I am a Dual citizen. UK/ USA Hubby military retired. I travel on wed. How long does this take ??????

My husband is also a dual UK/USA citizen and he was approved in 4 days! I have a security clearance and still nothing (applied on June 22). My kids also don't have approval and I'm thinking it is because I listed myself on their application instead of my husband (they only ask for one). I'm wondering if I listed him, they would have been approved when he got his. I didn't list him because I thought his would take longer because he is a naturalized US citizen.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:49 am

I applied 6/27 still waiting for approval... Hoping for some magic 🤙🏾🤙🏾
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by flyertalkzork
I wouldn't worry about it. It took 17 days for my conditional approval to come through. My partner's only took 3. We both interviewed together and were approved.
Today marks 17 days from when my partner and I applied. I submitted my application before his, but he also got conditionally approved in 5 days. He has already interviewed and been approved and I am still pending. I have had my background checked numerous times for jobs this thoroughly and he had not, so I wonder if that type of work background has something to do with it based on all of these threads.

Hoping for the best!!
Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:23 pm

The luck of FT pays off! I posted yesterday on here and today I get approved. Application Submitted 6/12, conditionally approved 7/10.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum Elite
So I'm 2 days away from a total of 3 weeks from the day both my wife and I applied for Global Entry. She was approved in roughly a week and has her interview scheduled for this week...she could've completed her interview already except she tried to wait for me. This makes no sense to me since she only travels with me occasionally and I've traveled very frequently in the US for many years. Seems ridiculous that there is not a First In First Out (FIFO) order to this process!
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by clwilson02
I applied 6/12. Still pending.
Approved 7/10
Interview 7/10
Known Traveler # issued within the hour
Flying out 7/11
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by clwilson02
Approved 7/10
Interview 7/10
Known Traveler # issued within the hour
Flying out 7/11
Perfect timing.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:33 pm

Inordinate time to get conditional approval for GE

Is there anyone who is a permanent resident, and applied for GE. I applied over 3 weeks ago and have not seen any response. Wondering if it takes much longer to get a conditional approval for non-citizens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.