Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:24 pm

My wife applied 3/10, conditionally approved 3/15 and her interview is 3/23 at the Atlanta Port Office. The next available appointment at the airport wasn't until Mid April.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by jermaineb24
My wife applied 3/10, conditionally approved 3/15 and her interview is 3/23 at the Atlanta Port Office. The next available appointment at the airport wasn't until Mid April.
Welcome to FT. If your wife wants an earlier appointment at ATL, she can try walk-in. Four FTers have reported success. Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:21 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Skbysnack
Let’s not forget the fact that they gave my son 6 years not 5 years due to someone’s typo.
Membership expires five years from your next birthday; if your son's birthday is early in the year his card will expire in 2024 instead of 2023. This is not an error.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:05 pm

Applied: Feb 15, 2018
Conditional Approval: Feb 19, 2018
Complete Approval: March 19, 2018

<Redacted by moderator - cross-posted in the Global Entry Enrollment Centers Locations/Information thread>

Last edited by TWA884; Mar 19, 2018 at 8:22 pm Reason: FT Rules 6 - Cross-posted
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt
I applied 4 March and got conditional approval 21 March. US citizen by birth but naturalised UK citizen as well, and resident in the UK. I'm glad I procrastinated because the new website makes it a lot easier for dual citizens to report accurate info, which I thought was really frustratingly hard before. Very clear and simple now.

I'm hoping to do the "Enrollment on Arrival" at DFW next week (which seems to differ from the "Global Entry Walk In," and will post on the relevant thread with my questions there.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by flyertalkzork
Just got approved today:

Applied: 2/24/18
Conditionally Approved: 3/13/18
Citizenship: US Citizen (Born US), Dual National UK (did not add UK passport info to application).
Interview today. Approved. Very laid back, asked to see passport, didn't ask to see license, and only asked two questions.
1) Why do you want Global Entry?
2) Convicted of any crimes.

Did not bring up dual nationality

My my partner and I were interviewed together. 10 mins total.

Approval emails came within 30 mins.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:17 pm
Mul

Got approved today:

Applied: 3/2/2018
Conditionally Approved: 3/20/2018
Interviewed & Approved: 3/24/2018

Originally I had the interview scheduled in June, 2018. The day before, I found out last minute opening, thus snag the appointment. Follow this twitter if you need appointment in SFO: https://twitter.com/goesbot
Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:48 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Topic Drift

Folks,

The subject of this thread is processing time for Global Entry applications.

For indexing and future search purposes, please discuss issues specific for dual national applying for Global Entry in the following thread:
Post(s) have been moved.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Safety/security co-moderator
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:15 pm

Still Waiting

I applied for my GE on 3/10, Processed my payment on 3/12.

I'm still waiting for conditional approval as of today 3/26. Applied for my father last month and he was conditionally approved in 1 week.

I have a clean record and also a dual citizenship which I didn’t disclose.

I will give an update when the status of my application changes. Truthfully, it’s hard not to get anxious.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by yumchocolat
I applied for my GE on 3/10, Processed my payment on 3/12.

I'm still waiting for conditional approval as of today 3/26. Applied for my father last month and he was conditionally approved in 1 week.

I have a clean record and also a dual citizenship which I didn’t disclose.

I will give an update when the status of my application changes. Truthfully, it’s hard not to get anxious.
I wouldn't worry about it. It took 17 days for my conditional approval to come through. My partner's only took 3. We both interviewed together and were approved.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:08 pm

Conditionally approved

Originally Posted by flyertalkzork
I wouldn't worry about it. It took 17 days for my conditional approval to come through. My partner's only took 3. We both interviewed together and were approved.
As of 3pm CST I was conditionally approved.

The trick is to post on FT and then you get approved within a day or less
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by yumchocolat

As of 3pm CST I was conditionally approved.

The trick is to post on FT and then you get approved within a day or less
Seriously. I needed the group therapy telling me I shouldn't worry, then I got approved. Congrats!
Old Mar 31, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC, MM, HH, MB
German citizen, applied on Feb-20 and received conditional approval on Mar-26. Seems relatively reasonable.

The only problem is that the announced enrollment event in Frankfurt (May8/9) is not (yet) listed in the TTP account.

https://de.usembassy.gov/global-entr...rman-citizens/

If everything fails, I will do enrollment on arrival in Denver.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:01 pm

US Citizen
Applied: 2/21
Conditionally approved: 2/25
Interviewed: 3/16
Approved: 3/16

A somewhat interesting data point that e-statements are sufficient for proving your address: my interview confirmation only said I had to bring my passport and my driver's license. When I sat down for the interview, the interviewer asked for my passport and license. Then he asked if my license's address matched what I put on the application, which it doesn't (entirely because I've been too lazy to go get it changed). So, the interviewer just asked me for some other proof of address. I came prepared and just handed him a printed out e-statement of my checking account. He looked to make sure it was recent (and it was) and that the address matched what I applied with (which it did). After that he just handed the statement back.

The only questions he asked me were:
  • What countries have you visited in the last 5 years?
  • Have you been to Cuba or the Middle East in the last 5 years?
Aside from that, it was just random chit chat that wasn't part of the formal interview. From the time the interview started to it ending was well under 5 minutes. I got the approval notification as I was exiting the building.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:13 pm

Applied: 3/19
Conditional Approval: Still waiting

Wife applied 3/19. Conditional Approval on 3/25, and interview scheduled for 4/9.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.