Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:51 am

Hoping for a little magic myself. Applied on 10/26. Sent an email last week. Got the automated reply. Still waiting. Hope this works.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:45 pm

I too applied on 10/26/18 -- for both me and my 9yo. My 9yo got approved in 7 days. I am still waiting and it's now December 3rd.

I'm a US citizen, no criminal history, lived in same place last 10 yrs, been to one country in last 5 years. I am baffled why it's going on 6 weeks of waiting now. Need some of this forum's good luck!
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by MarthaMartha
I too applied on 10/26/18 -- for both me and my 9yo. My 9yo got approved in 7 days. I am still waiting and it's now December 3rd.

I'm a US citizen, no criminal history, lived in same place last 10 yrs, been to one country in last 5 years. I am baffled why it's going on 6 weeks of waiting now. Need some of this forum's good luck!
MarthaMMartha - I am right there with ya,, I applied for both my wife and my self on Nov 18, wifes got conditional at 7 days,,, Me, still waiting.

For the Keyboard comando's out there, I have a Question

We live central Ca. Going to Vegas Dec 15-25. I have made an appoitment for the wife on Dec 18, no issue of course, she has her conditional

I am Really hopping to get my Conditional before we leave on the 15th... Here is the question... IF I get mine BUT I can NOT find an appoitment during our visit.. I was thinking this..

I will go ahead and make one for January... get my appoitment numbers and all that..

When I take the wife to the airport in Vegas for her appoitment interview on the 18th Was going to ask the interviewer.... Hey, I have an appoitment in Jan, here is my paperwork.... anyway you can just do me NOW???

anyone ever try this,, is it even possible to squezze me in ????

Not trying to pull a fast one - that would NOT be a good idea... Just I really do NOT want to have to drive for 3 hours to San Francisco Airport for an appoitment in January...

Of course.. I first have to get my conditional in the next 12 days.

Thanks for your help..

Originally Posted by Jx12
Applied on 11/15. My husband and daughter got conditional approval on 11/20. Mine still is pending. I hope I can get conditional approval before 12/7, so I can go to review with them. I need FT magic.
any word yet????

Last edited by TWA884; Dec 3, 2018 at 5:00 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you!
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Harley0711
MarthaMMartha - I am right there with ya,, I applied for both my wife and my self on Nov 18, wifes got conditional at 7 days,,, Me, still waiting.

For the Keyboard comando's out there, I have a Question

We live central Ca. Going to Vegas Dec 15-25. I have made an appoitment for the wife on Dec 18, no issue of course, she has her conditional

I am Really hopping to get my Conditional before we leave on the 15th... Here is the question... IF I get mine BUT I can NOT find an appoitment during our visit.. I was thinking this..

I will go ahead and make one for January... get my appoitment numbers and all that..

When I take the wife to the airport in Vegas for her appoitment interview on the 18th Was going to ask the interviewer.... Hey, I have an appoitment in Jan, here is my paperwork.... anyway you can just do me NOW???

anyone ever try this,, is it even possible to squezze me in ????

Not trying to pull a fast one - that would NOT be a good idea... Just I really do NOT want to have to drive for 3 hours to San Francisco Airport for an appoitment in January...

Of course.. I first have to get my conditional in the next 12 days.

Thanks for your help..
If you receive your conditional approval before 18 Dec 2018, you can always try to interview at the same time as your wife.

If you receive your conditional approval after 18 Dec 2018, you can try to schedule an appointment at Las Vegas enrollment center.

Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS)
Address:5757 Wayne Newton Blvd
Terminal 3 Las Vegas, NV 89119
Hours of Operation: 8:00AM - 2:00PM, Monday - Wednesday, Friday 8:00AM - 1:00PM, Thursday
Contact Information: (702) 736-2253 ext. 6072

If you do not see a desirable time slot, keep checking for cancellations. Best time to check is when that enrollment center is open.

Alternatively you can try to do a walk in interview at SFO. Global Entry Walk-In Interviews

Good luck and come back to let us know your outcome.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:08 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Harley0711

Please take a look at the Global Entry Walk-In Interviews and Global Entry - Interview Availability threads.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

keep checking for cancellations (time slots opening up) !

can access calendar without logging into system
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
keep checking for cancellations (time slots opening up) !

can access calendar without logging into system
Thank You for your advice.. First, LOL, I have to get my conditional THEN I can check on the times... I still have till that week - however, I am seeing several people that still have not got their clearance when family members have,,, again, Thanks for your advice
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:11 pm

Almost Here

31OCT18: Applied
07NOV18: Charge hit my account
03DEC18: Still waiting for approval

DUI from 2005 and Domestic Violence (dismissed) from 2009. A few speeding tickets here and there. Blue Blooded US Citizen. Fingerprints sent to FBI several times (Concealed Weapon, Business). Wife has no passport and never applied for anything; ALWAYS gets Pre-Check. She traveled with my daughter, who is Active Duty Military and that must have triggered something in the system. I know the US Military Intelligence did a background check on me (probably reading this now: Hi Boys).

I fully expect to receive approval in the next week from what the previous data showed. Looking for some FT Luv.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: TSA
Still Waiting after 47 days

Applied October 22. Still pending after 47 days. I am a US citizen with a passport and no criminal record. I’ve lived in the same location for 30 years. I stop by the global entry office at SeaTac and the officer told me it was taking 3 to 5 months to process some applications. He also said don’t bother asking for intervention if it’s been less than three months. Looking at this thread, it seems people who applied in October and November 2018, and did not get approval within a week,are waiting on usual length of time. My daughter applied on October 22 and she had conditional approval in three days.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:37 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

The subject of this thread is timelines of approvals of Global Entry applications!

For indexing and future search purposes, a recent question about the logistics of walk-in enrollment interviews was moved to the Global Entry Walk-In Interviews thread.

Please keep in mind FlyerTalk Rule 5, Stay on Topic, when posting in this thread.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Originally Posted by jmebelle
Applied October 22. Still pending after 47 days. I am a US citizen with a passport and no criminal record. I’ve lived in the same location for 30 years. I stop by the global entry office at SeaTac and the officer told me it was taking 3 to 5 months to process some applications. He also said don’t bother asking for intervention if it’s been less than three months. Looking at this thread, it seems people who applied in October and November 2018, and did not get approval within a week,are waiting on usual length of time. My daughter applied on October 22 and she had conditional approval in three days.
Check out my post on #5513 above. My guess is that you'll get approval at 50-55 days. I think you generally fall into one of three tranches: 3-7 days, 35-40 days, or 50-55 days. I have no idea why, but the data people have offered here points to that pattern. I don't think history, age, nationality, or background matters much. I applied for my minor son (17) and my RENEWAL on the same day. Both of us got conditional approval on 50/51 days. Meanwhile I saw plenty of people that applied after us get approval. It's maddening.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Teejwi
Day 65 now (Applied 6/17) and waiting. Wha's the record? Think I'm heading for it.
DId you ever get it? How long did it finally take?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:28 pm

Looking for Some of That Luck Too!

GE Application Date & Payment Approval: 10/14/18
Wife applied a few days later and payment applied.

No response yet as of 12/4/18. Looking for some FT magic and luck!
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:44 pm

31OCT18: Applied
07NOV18: Charge hit my account
03DEC18: Still waiting for approval
04DEC18: Posted on FT forum, complaining about GE wait times
05DEC18: Email received. Logged into account and "Conditionally Approved"

CBP MUST read FT forums. It only took 24 hours after posting on FT; then conditionally approved.
35 Days from application to conditional approval.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:51 am

Wish that was the case but I posted about my ridiculous wait on Monday and still nothing. Have a trip to Germany for work in January and have the feeling I will be going through the regular line again. Maybe this second post with be the lucky one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.