Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
There are a few other reports on here of peoples conditional approval coming through - I would assume these are the easy cases where the database searches come up as 'clean' so CA can be given without human intervention.

I woulnd't hold out any hope of a rapid approval. The backlog must be quite significant now (as it appeared to be even before the shut down) and will take some time to clear
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:23 pm

I applied on Nov 28th and still Pending for conditional approval.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by mramh
Applied 11/2/2018 (almost 3 months) and application still pending for conditional approval
Same here. Applied 11/1, no conditional approval.

Did not get approval in time for holiday travel overseas. I was optimistic I'd get it by the next time I'll be flying international, in early March, but that is looking less and less likely. The entire process has been pretty disappointing and I'm not likely to renew if I end up being approved.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:35 am

Approval Wait times...

I applied on 12/14 and still not have been conditionally approved. Any ideas as to why other than the government shutdown? I was completely honest on my application. No arrests, all job and address info was correct. Countries visited info was correct too. Making me kind of worried that it is taking so long. Any help or advise would be wonderful!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:20 am

Still pending after 12 weeks

Both applied for Global Entry 11/2
Wife received approval in 4 days and sailed through interview
I was still waiting 8 weeks before government shut-down. Now almost 13 weeks and counting! No background problems here!

Have sent several online complaints. Always receive the "3-5" week average wait time" response.

Quite frustrating because we travel internationally mid February! We would not recommend the Global Entry program to others.....they grab your $100 fee and after 13 weeks, no answer. Be warned of this voluntary taxation/donation for zero return.

Last edited by wtraveler2; Jan 30, 2019 at 8:45 am Reason: add more information
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by wtraveler2
Both applied for Global Entry 11/2
Wife received approval in 4 days and sailed through interview
I was still waiting 8 weeks before government shut-down. Now 12 weeks and counting! No background problems here!

Have sent several online complaints. Always receive the "3-5" week average wait time" response.

Quite frustrating because we travel internationally mid February!
It won’t help for your February trip, but if you are conditionally approved before or during your trip see if you can do Enrollment on Arrival when you pass through customs on your way home. At least that will save you having to make an appointment for an interview at a later date.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:27 am

Applied 11/2/2018 (almost 3 months) and application still pending for conditional approval
Conditional approved today. Initial application 11/2/2018. No email received. Check the website to check your status
84fiero, xhemp and 23t like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:40 am
23t

Congrats!

Hmm, I hope this doesn't mean another month for those of us that applied early December and weren't approved in the 5 day window automatically.

Conditional approved today. Initial application 11/2/2018. No email received. Check the website to check your status
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:18 pm

Same here. Applied 11/1. The date of the approval letter was Jan 29 but I didn't get any email notification. Scheduled an appointment for the last week of Feb.

Good thing I've been checking the website daily since December.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:27 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

Posts discussing the listing countries visited on the Global Entry application were moved to the relevant thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:46 pm

Applied Dec 14th right before shutdown- it's been 6 weeks and nothing yet. I was hoping with the shutdown over with, I would get approved.
Filed a complaint but no response from that or the telephone number...so frustrating!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:41 pm

Global Entry application: Waiting 96 days minus 35 shutdown days = (71 days)
Is it possible for an application to GET LOST? Applied Nov 2 and my wife was cleared within 4 days. 8 weeks still pending before the government shut-down and now at 13 weeks without an answer. Clean history and background, so is it possible that vetting has lost my file or there is a computer glitch? Have sent multiple email complaint requests and unable to talk to a person on the phone.

Frustration.

Last edited by wtraveler2; Feb 4, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:46 pm

I applied Jan 8 and it’s feb 5 and still not approved. My kids however were approved right away. Hoping ft magic will work for me too!!!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:25 pm

Conditional approval!

I finally got conditional approval today! Yay! I applied November 7th and sent a complaint email yesterday. I travel on 2/20 and the next available interview is 2/19. I really hope we don't have another shutdown. Is that too close to my travel date to use it?
elc2414 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by tamara1
I finally got conditional approval today! Yay! I applied November 7th and sent a complaint email yesterday. I travel on 2/20 and the next available interview is 2/19. I really hope we don't have another shutdown. Is that too close to my travel date to use it?
I don't think your complaint email had anything to do with it!

Approval generally comes through the same day as the interview (as long as you get approved of course)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.