Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2020, 7:02 am

As in many security processes there is likely a (mostly?) random element to assignment to the quick vetting pool (2-4 days) or the now backlogged slow vetting pool (running about 210 days — almost exactly 7 months — according to posts here).

CBP has stated that 2/3 of apps are processed in 2-4 days and the other 1/3 take 6-7 months. That seems to fit with what posters report here. With 5.5 million+ Global Entry members now, if 1 million per year need to renew that’s about 350,000 waiting for 6-7 months (not even adding in new member apps).

So you are not alone, and there is no need to worry about travel history, papers getting lost, etc. Although it is frustrating I know. My husband waited about 7 months for conditional approval for initial app while my renewal app took only 48 hours, over a weekend at that (and I have traveled all over the world and he has traveled much less).

CBP won’t even entertain app status inquiries unless an applicant has been waiting more than the high end of the processing time estimate (now 6-7 months), so I would say don’t waste your time checking with them unless you have been waiting more than 215 days or so...and that leaves those channels open for those who could be helped by call center escalation process.

Hopefully all of the August applicants will hear soon!
Old Mar 1, 2020, 10:00 am

Global entry application

We applied on 8/1/2019. My daughter - 22 years old got approved within a month and she got the Global Entry card within a week. As for us , the parents.....we are still under review. I understood that it was an estimated 6 months waiting but now is well beyond that limit. Meanwhile I traveled outside and within US several times; that global entry would be very helpful. I have no idea whom to contact or can can I expedite the process. Any ideas?
One good note I have for the ones that got approved and they cannot schedule an interview. Based on my research (and I witnessed this personally) most of the airports on the east coast would accept people who were already pre-approved for an interview if you just show up and put your name there on a waiting list. Kudos for them for doing that!
Old Mar 1, 2020, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Givepeace
What are the main differences between your profiles?
LPR vs. USC.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 3:22 pm

Just wanted to copy and paste a post (not on FlyerTalk) by a guy who works for the CBP customer service 877-227-5511:

"We are just contractors taking phone calls, not CBP officers processing your applications. If you don't get CA within a month, then you should prepare to wait up to 9 months."
Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:40 am

Programs: Global Enttry
Global Entry waiting time

I am so exited , I finally got my approval today , 4 days shy of the 7 month mark. Got my appointment scheduled at the airport in Seattle end of the month. . They had plenty of appointments which surprised me. For my husbands appointment in Sept. we drove two hours to Blaine because SeaTac had no appointments til December .
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:27 pm

Well, I applied January 15th and am still awaiting Conditional Approval. Judging from the posts here I suspect that means I've likely got a seven month wait, since I wasn't one of the "lucky" ones who get approved in 48 hours. I tried the trick with the email inquiries noted above but that does not appear to work anymore. Today I went ahead and pulled the trigger on renewing my TSA Precheck membership ($85) because it expires in May and I really don't look forward to flying without it until August. (I fly almost every week.)

What a waste of $100.00.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:48 pm

On Day 203

there are reports of 215 being the sweet spot...

🤞😖
Old Mar 3, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: IC Amb, Marriott Silver, KF Silver, MPC Silver
Applied for my son on 2 Sep 2019... still waiting. Roll on APRIL!
Old Mar 3, 2020, 9:44 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Folks,

It serves no purpose to post several times a week about how long you have been waiting for the conditional approval of your Global Entry application unless has been a new development, such as having been approved, or your waiting time has now exceeded what has previously been reported in this thread.

We fully understand the frustrations with the prolonged time that some of you have been waiting for conditional approval, however, posting the same information over and over is disruptive and is a violation of FlyerTalk Rule 12.3.

Thank you for understanding and your anticipated cooperation,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:49 am

Applied 8/5/19
CA: 3/3/20 (Just got the status change email 30 minutes ago)
Interview: ??? (I see absolutely nothing available on the calendar for SFO) EDIT: I got an appointment scheduled for tomorrow! (Keep refreshing the appointments page until you find one, I just so happened to come across one today!)
Waiting time: 211 days
Snake.Eyes likes this.

Last edited by Bert is fat; Mar 3, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:50 am

207 Days... Still waiting

207 Days
Applied: August 9th, 2019
CA: Still Pending
Total days: Still Counting
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:13 pm

Passport to Global Entry in record time

My son sent his Passport paperwork on February 3rd. He is now an adult and his minor passport was expiring. So technically not a renewal but also not a new passport. Passport received in the mail Feb 28th. Applied for Global Entry Feb 28th and CA received March 1st. I set up and changed his interview date as better times appeared on the website. Nashville finally opened up several days in May but we are traveling in May so it was going to be tight. Looked this morning and time opened up this afternoon and he is off of school for the tornado that hit. Approval received shortly after he left the interview. One month from Passport application to Global Entry Approval. I think he wins an award 😃
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:48 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Bert is fat
Applied 8/5/19
CA: 3/3/20 (Just got the status change email 30 minutes ago)
Interview: ??? (I see absolutely nothing available on the calendar for SFO)
Waiting time: 211 days
Congratulations.

Please refer to the following threads for interview options/availability:

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Global Entry Walk-In Interviews

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:46 pm

205 Days and counting

My first post to the forum though I have been following the progress of other members for some time and thought I'd add my own data point

Applied 08/11/2019
Pending review as of 03/03/2020
Waiting time so far 205 days
Estimated date based on the model previously posted by another member 04/12/2020

I'm hoping for progress over the next few weeks as August 2019 applications are processed.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:13 am

First time applicant. US Citizen.

Applied: August 20, 2019
Current Status: Pending Review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.