Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Further Tales of First Class Decadence as Experienced On British Airways

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2008, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by greggwiggins
I am really looking forward to the Seat 2A description of LHR's T-5 and (if the timing worked out as I think it has) his experiences during American Airlines' recent aircraft inspections.
Hang in there, Gregg and the rest a youse! I am flattered by the anticipation and hope to complete the latest report soon. I've been driving over 2000 miles in a Chrysler 300 around the desert southwest over the past eight days and wishing I could find a way to get paid for such pleasurable activity without driving a tractor-trailer. In the meantime, when I'm not having too much fun just living this life, I am slowly yet inexorably pecking out the latest trip report which I expect to have readable in about seven days.

I remember reading that William F. Buckley used to sometimes type out entire columns in just 20 minutes. Were that I so mentally nimble! Sometimes it takes me an hour just to get a half page written, and that's before proof reading. Ginko Biloba and cold lager sometimes help, sometimes don't.

In any event, back to the report. Just one more week! I promise!
Old Apr 20, 2008, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Hang in there, Gregg and the rest a youse! I am flattered by the anticipation and hope to complete the latest report soon. I've been driving over 2000 miles in a Chrysler 300 around the desert southwest over the past eight days and wishing I could find a way to get paid for such pleasurable activity without driving a tractor-trailer. In the meantime, when I'm not having too much fun just living this life, I am slowly yet inexorably pecking out the latest trip report which I expect to have readable in about seven days.

I remember reading that William F. Buckley used to sometimes type out entire columns in just 20 minutes. Were that I so mentally nimble! Sometimes it takes me an hour just to get a half page written, and that's before proof reading. Ginko Biloba and cold lager sometimes help, sometimes don't.

In any event, back to the report. Just one more week! I promise!
I for one can't wait!!! I am glad you are enjoying your trip.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 9:44 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton HHonors
Seat2A, you have an amazing ability with the written word that is enhanced by your excellent pictures. I had a long deceased aunt whose letters from abroad were cherished by all that read them for their humour and literary content and your trip report made me think of her!

Now I must read your previous TR's but I will follow the lead of others and do so with a nice glass of port or something similar.

Bravo to you!
Old Apr 22, 2008, 12:05 pm

Programs: ex-AA EXP, DL GM, ex-1k SPG Plat
WOW 2A I just got loss at work sitting down and was rudely interrupted by the telephone reading your experience.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 5:31 pm

Programs: qantas platinum (OWE), hyatt platinum, hertz gold
Originally Posted by GaLupo
WOW 2A I just got loss at work sitting down and was rudely interrupted by the telephone reading your experience.
Man that is one clever telephone.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by dragonman
Man that is one clever telephone.
Hey-ooh!!!

And I do believe it's been a week, Mr. 2A!
Old Apr 23, 2008, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by JNB280
Hey-ooh!!! And I do believe it's been a week, Mr. 2A!
Yer right! The report is actually completed. I'm just getting the pictures straightened out, along with the menu transcripts redone in computer language for the bolds and italics. If I might beg your collective indulgence for just one more day, I'd be ever so grateful. Sorry for the delay and I'll have this report out by tomorrow afternoon --->
Old Apr 24, 2008, 12:30 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Oh no. I have internet access today (it has been difficult this trip with patchy access) including printer, but not tomorrow. I have to find a printer somewhere so I can read the next instalment on the flight.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 4:51 pm

Thanks for the excellent report, and for going to the trouble of taking so many pics and posting your best here!
Old Apr 30, 2008, 7:59 pm

Let me join in the kudos for this report. It is truly sensational. I am going to board BA 268 in 2 hours for LHR from LAX in first. I was reading your report and I am even more jazzed than when I first came into the new ONE WORLD lounge at TBIT.. Thanks again....
Old Jul 20, 2008, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA AA DL Hilton blah, blah, blah
OK, time for me to chime in.

[QUOTE=Seat 2A;9466649]Alrighty now ~

I've arrived in Alice Springs Drove a VW camper up from Adelaide - .

As a longtime reader of yours, I also have to commend you on your writing ability. ^

OK ... to my point ... We have all read about Seat2A pulling off some insane trips, but driving from ADL to Alice Springs ranks way up there in my book as one of the ballsiest stunts of all!!

I worked in Adelaide for a while and did a couple of trips out to central Australia, oil and gas fields that are barely on the map. On one of the trips driving out of town someone chimed in that they would send someone out for our bodies in a couple of days. They weren't far off!

Keep up the great work!! Can't thank you enough for the read. You are a true inspiration to us all!!

Regards,
Max Speed
Old Jul 21, 2008, 12:19 am
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Great report. I'm already feeling rather sad that I will be "stuck" in J when I fly my next LAX-LHR leg coming up. But then again, since I had to pay for it, I will content myself with the UC which I dearly love. You have, however, reinforced my belief that award travel should always be flown in F!

I was just inspired by a previous poster -- As soon as your next report is filed, I will pour some fine 12 yr. Macallan finished in sherry wood and enjoy!
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MaxSpeed
We have all read about Seat2A pulling off some insane trips, but driving from ADL to Alice Springs ranks way up there in my book as one of the ballsiest stunts of all!!

I worked in Adelaide for a while and did a couple of trips out to central Australia, oil and gas fields that are barely on the map. On one of the trips driving out of town someone chimed in that they would send someone out for our bodies in a couple of days. They weren't far off!
My drive to Alice Springs was probably a bit tamer than your experiences since these days the Stuart Highway is both well paved and well marked between ADL and ASP. I'd love to return someday and do it again all the way to Darwin, then down to Perth, then on to ...
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:45 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
My drive to Alice Springs was probably a bit tamer than your experiences since these days the Stuart Highway is both well paved and well marked between ADL and ASP. I'd love to return someday and do it again all the way to Darwin, then down to Perth, then on to ...
OT, 2A - are you going on strike?
Old Jul 25, 2008, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

On strike? Not against FT, though my next trip report will likely be about rail travel through Canada and North America.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.