Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

DO RUN: Five or six (or more?) DOs in 2 weeks & SQ F, TG F, UA F, TG C, and more!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DO RUN: Five or six (or more?) DOs in 2 weeks & SQ F, TG F, UA F, TG C, and more!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2007, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
'Nuff already! Where's the part we really want to read!
Ask and you shall receive. See post #4 for the DO #2 report.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excellent report! Can't wait to see how the rest pans out! ^
Old Mar 8, 2007, 9:02 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by alliance
Lucky9876coins asked for advice on making some changes to an Asia award tix that he has been having problems with. His change got me thinking to check on some alternative routings for my big trip. I logged on to ANA and what do you know… SQ opened up 1 C seat on their new 77W business class product SIN-ICN on the day that I was scheduled to fly SQ F SIN-BKK and then TG C BKK-ICN.

After a good 10 seconds of inner turmoil over giving up the SIN SQ F lounge in exchange for the new SQ C experience – I was on the phone to show lucky9876coins how easy making changes is if you are alliance (who had been on hold for 15 minutes while his agent was talking to the rate desk – or maybe just taking a break ). <5 minutes I’m confirmed on the new flight and after a recalculation of taxes I’m good to go with the SQ 77W C to look forward to (in addition to everything else). I ask Mrs. Alliance to remind me to PM jswong that I won’t be able to join him on SIN-BKK anymore because of my new routing.
Interesting choice. I'm not sure I would have given up SKL F lounge access, copious amounts of Dom and Krug, and a plate of lobster thermidor on the SIN-BKK flight just to try new SQ C.

I'm faced with a similar dilemma - I've got an F award with an ICN-SIN segment booked in OZ's new C. I can leave ICN the day before and try SQ's new C but then I'm missing out on my (slightly less than) 24 hour layover in ICN. For now, I decided a night out in Seoul is worth foregoing the new SQ C...however, should new SQ F open up, I may feel a little differently.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by work2fly
I can leave ICN the day before and try SQ's new C but then I'm missing out on my (slightly less than) 24 hour layover in ICN. For now, I decided a night out in Seoul is worth foregoing the new SQ C...however, should new SQ F open up, I may feel a little differently.
alliance has the same issue, IIRC. Keep in mind that flights get into Incheon, which is about 1.5 hours from downtown Seoul. Taxi fares are $100+, so you should take the KAL bus if you go. Still, that is at least three hours of driving each way, so questionable as to whether or not it makes sense, IMO.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
alliance has the same issue, IIRC.
Sort of... my problem was the other way around. I was booked in F SIN-BKK and then TG's new C (looks like spacebeds to me) BKK-ICN. However, the BKK-ICN was the red-eye and so it saved me a hotel in ICN but also gave me huge layovers in BKK and ICN. By switching SIN-ICN in the SQ new C, I get to try out the new C during daylight and also get a 23 hr layover in ICN.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And when can we expect an update?
Old Mar 14, 2007, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by alliance
We were allowed to leave – so I’m guessing the bill got taken care of.
Dern right it did. What do you think those pix are of me with all that money?
Old Mar 14, 2007, 4:16 pm

just like lucky im anxiously waiting the next installment
Old Mar 14, 2007, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
He's been busy Having said that I too am eagerly awaiting the next update

Jeff
Old Mar 15, 2007, 4:46 pm
Suspended

All hail the lord of the bump. And king of the skykit.
With alliance's luck I must ask for winning lottery numbers.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, now that you are back at home (I think) when do we get our update?
Old Mar 19, 2007, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Yup - just got back today. Wow! It has been an awesome week with some crazy twists and turns in the last two days of the trip. I almost got stranded in SIN and/or BKK... was woken up in the evening by the JW Marriott Seoul to be argued with by a front desk person over my "unbelievably cheap" $200 rate... and then a $600 domestic bump to finish off the trip... ^

I've got post #5 updated with the Farewell to Cite DO report and flights from PHX-DEN-LGA. I'm uploading and linking the pics for that post now.

Updates should be coming regularly over the next couple days.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Pics added to post #5 - the Farewell to Cite DO.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excellent stuff!^ Can't wait for the next part!
Old Mar 22, 2007, 5:24 am
Original Poster

About half way done with the next update, which includes: JFK-LAX ps F, LAX-NRT SQ F, & Tokyo.

While you are waiting, you can check out my three brief videos and lots of pics of the Grand Palace in Bangkok: http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w...ace%20Bangkok/

or as a slideshow: http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w...slideshow=true

Last edited by alliance; Mar 22, 2007 at 5:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.