Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

DO RUN: Five or six (or more?) DOs in 2 weeks & SQ F, TG F, UA F, TG C, and more!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DO RUN: Five or six (or more?) DOs in 2 weeks & SQ F, TG F, UA F, TG C, and more!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2007, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by alliance
Here is the link:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658149

I hope you are able to join us!
Thanks. Trying to shift hotel/rides to make it. Diamedic, your offer of rides is from SFO to Hola?
Old Feb 28, 2007, 11:21 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
I join you for dinner in SIN. See my post in separate thread.
Wonderful idea your trip ^ love it!
Old Mar 1, 2007, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shipleywins
Thanks. Trying to shift hotel/rides to make it. Diamedic, your offer of rides is from SFO to Hola?
You should post that you need a ride in the Hola! DO thread - as that is where most of the people going are watching closely for updates.

Also, where are you staying in SFO... there is a decent chance that someone can pick you up. The rides that have been offered have been for from/to SFO because several people are flying in and flying out for the DO (myself included). If you are in the City, one option would be to BART to SFO and meet up with people there - or get a ride from someone who is coming from the City.

You should post exactly where you are you going to be Saturday night in the Hola! DO thread and I'm sure we can collectively figure out a way to get you to the DO.

Hope to see you there!
Old Mar 1, 2007, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
I join you for dinner in SIN. See my post in separate thread.
Wonderful idea your trip ^ love it!
Awesome! I'm glad that so many people's schedules are matching up with mine. ^
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:13 am

Programs: some
Mon - 3/12 - NRT RCC IFL & ANA F & and ?) - 14:00-16:30 (can guest 1)
Don't bother to visit the RCC. The ANA F Lounge in the left wing (looking from check-in and immigration) is one of the nicest lounges I've ever visited. It's slightly behind CX's "The Wing" in HKG. But definitely lengths above SQ's F-Lounge in SIN or MH's F Lounge in KUL.

Besides a very nice Food offering of Sushi, Noodles Sweets I especially liked the stylish and generously sized showers. And yes, they have one of the FT-famous Beer-machines.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

The journey begins... Check post #3 for the first part of my report (PHX-LAS).
Old Mar 3, 2007, 2:09 pm

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
Subscribed. Can't wait to follow along!
Old Mar 5, 2007, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by FourWheels
Subscribed. Can't wait to follow along!
I might be the only FTer with 700+ posts and doesn't know how to subscribe. Can I get help?
Old Mar 5, 2007, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
I might be the only FTer with 700+ posts and doesn't know how to subscribe. Can I get help?
Go to "thread tools" and "subscribe to this thread."

Look forward to the Do #2 report.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

See post #3 for the latest update... The Friday Night Thai LAS DO #1 trip report is finished in post #3. Follow the links in-text for pics.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 5:14 pm

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
The LAS FTers were outstanding hosts (FourWheels too! – although with how long she has been in LAS she might be considered one too). We spent several hours talking about living in Las Vegas, where to get good sushi, UA vs. US vs. NW/CO, mileage earning strategies, award travel, and living the FT life.
Oh, not even close. I'd only been here a week at that point, but thanks for the mention!

Thank YOU for sharing.

Glad I got to read your report before starting my LAS-MSP-YYZ-DTW-AMS-MAD-AMS-OTP-AMS-YYZ-MXP-LCA-MXP-YYZ-MXP-LCA-MXP-YYZ-MEM-LAX "run" tomorrow. NW Plat, here I come!
Old Mar 5, 2007, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Oh, not even close. I'd only been here a week at that point, but thanks for the mention!
Yeah, I was just joking... but compared to my 12 hours in LAS, one week sure seemed like a long time.

Glad I got to read your report before starting my LAS-MSP-YYZ-DTW-AMS-MAD-AMS-OTP-AMS-YYZ-MXP-LCA-MXP-YYZ-MXP-LCA-MXP-YYZ-MEM-LAX "run" tomorrow. NW Plat, here I come!
Outstanding itinerary! You sure waited to the last minute to do those LCA runs. ^
Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP

Trekwars2000
was awesome and gave me a ride back to the airport (but I think just about everyone else did too – so you all rock!).
Your welcome anytime.
To all, I had a great time - sorry I've been pretty busy, the girlfriend... er... I mean fiancee was in town this weekend and I just dropped her of this morning. I think I have given her the FT "itch" becuase I got her some comped US Silver status and she has now flown in F twice (her first time on Sunday) and she was very pleased.

I proposed to her on Sunday after she found the diamond in my glovebox. We also got her ring and setting on that day too. So I'm happy.

Note: I don't want to overtake alliance's trip report DO thread with congradulations, so please start a new thread in Community if you want to congradulate me and what not.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 4:10 pm

awesome report, looking forward to the rest! ^
Old Mar 7, 2007, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

'Nuff already! Where's the part we really want to read!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.