Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Singapore (SQ) new first and business class, plus a medley of 12 F & C SQ flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore (SQ) new first and business class, plus a medley of 12 F & C SQ flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2007, 2:17 am

I have to say the 77W F was underwhelmingly disappointing. The IFE was nice, but the seat wasn't that comfy sitting upright and the whole get-up-flip-over design I can't stand. But the 1L entryway was nice and spacious.

KiwiFlyer - you are lucky you got woken 1 hour prior to breakfast; my crew on 285 switched on the lights (in F, no less!) 2 hours and 15 minutes before arrival to serve the meal. Ridiculous, even with 12 pax, they were finished with 1.5 hours left to go. Dine on demand is not that hard to do! I have also had immigration lock me out for a while, something to do with their central computer having to 'release' the flight on the system so they can enter it in. Though with SQ consistently drawing gate 9 you'd think they could have this done by the time we get to the checkpoint...
Old Jan 28, 2007, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I also can say that the New F on SQ was not great for me also. Since I took the SIN-HKG sector it is a day flight. Most of the passengers in F were in all kinds of positions trying to get comfy. I had a hard time getting comfy. If you are going to relax and watch a movie the nose of a 744 in a skysuite is much better. But none the less I managed to squeeze in one hour of snooze in the SIN-HKG sector, the bed is very comfy though

If you read my trip report you will get a feeling to why. Anyways Kiwi as always I enjoy reading your report.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
How would the new C be for a couple?

Great report, as well as good comments from others who've flown the new F. Very much appreciated. It sounds like in some respects SQ has overdone it, or perhaps gone for the flash of the big screen and seats rather than more subtle, comfort-enhancing details such as a non-slippery seat?

Anyway, I'm curious, how do you think the new C would be for a couple? The photos at which I've glanced look like they're designed to ensure a fair amount of privacy between the two passengers in the middle. This is of course good if you're flying alone, but I wonder how it will be for couples.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:24 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
There is a barrier between middle seats - not sure whether it goes all the way down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.