Wiki Posts
Search

Another transcon: SFO-DEN-FLL-ORD-SFO in 1 day

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2006, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / 1MM, Bonvoy Platinum, Amex Platinum
Another transcon: SFO-DEN-FLL-ORD-SFO in 1 day

So this is my 2nd mileage run, and more of a pure MR: I left SFO at 6am this morning, and I'll be back at 10pm tonight.

My first leg was uneventful: slept almost the whole leg from SFO-DEN. Took off on time and arrived on time. The plane was not too full: I was in the aisle in the center section of a 767 (3 seats), and the middle seat was empty.

While it was in the 70s when I left SFO, there was snow on the ground on arrival to DEN.

After de-planing, I had to walk the length of the terminal, which was a nice and welcome walk, and then boarded my Ted flight for FLL. That is where the fun and games began. I was sitting next to two very talkative ladies, from colorado. They were very talkative, especially after a couple of drinks (we got a noise complaint), and big time party animals. I won't go into too much detail, but suffice to say we had a very fun and interesting conversation.

That plane and the next one was very busy. It was actually the same physical plane. I moved over 1 seat, but that seat was verrrry uncomfortable. It felt like some huge passengers had crushed the seat foam. My back was hurting after sitting there.

Right now, we are sitting on the tarmac because of windy weather at ORD. We have an estimated 30 minute delay. The pilot has opened up the cockpit for visitors, which has started kind of a free-for-all.. lots of kids, and adults, visiting up there and taking pictures. I guess this is pretty rare in a post-911-world.

So... sat on the tarmac for a bit, but ended up getting in time for a 30 minute layover.. no problem. At ORD, I was able to get a quick bite (no airline food any more.. sigh), albeit a greasy one. Yumm.. By the way, there was NO good food available at FLL. Only a Chili's, which would have taken too long. No fast food, nothing... so I had to wait till the afternoon and ORD to chow down.

The ORD-SFO leg was uncrowded, just like the first leg, and uneventful. Was a little bored when I got home, but all in all it was an uneventful and good MR.. I will definitely do this again next year for 1k.

A funny thing I noticed when I was putting on my sweater.. it says "United" in big letters across the front. One of the flight attendants asked me about it. I just tucked in the right side when I was on Ted... :-)

Last edited by TechOps; Oct 30, 2006 at 10:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.