Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warsaw airport (WAW)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2006, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Warsaw airport (WAW)

Having flown through Warsaw Poland airport a few times in the past 2 years I'm surprised at the "old time" Soviet work ethic by many airport workers. I have had problems in mis-connections, lost baggage and terrible customer service inside the airport. I'm surprised that Lot has not been ejected from the Star Alliance. I will try and avoid this airport. Anyone else have problems at WAW ?
Old Oct 6, 2006, 3:38 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Cool

Originally Posted by bodie
Having flown through Warsaw Poland airport a few times in the past 2 years I'm surprised at the "old time" Soviet work ethic by many airport workers. I have had problems in mis-connections, lost baggage and terrible customer service inside the airport. I'm surprised that Lot has not been ejected from the Star Alliance. I will try and avoid this airport. Anyone else have problems at WAW ?
These days there are no airport ethics in either country. Just went to UK and back, man-o-man... Heathrow is indeed a pain regardless of the class of travel. Particularly on baggage side... I'd rather fly through WAW than LHR these days.

The point in Warsaw is that it looks not that modern. LOT is also an airline from the past century. I flew via WAW couple of months ago and I had a mixed feelings. LOT served full plate of food and wine/beer free of charge in Economy class for 1.5h flight Aircraft itself was an ancient turbo-prop with a business class at the tail I had 2nd row seat in Economy Cabin attendants were great and nice looking, indeed much prettier and fun to talk to than UA Lounge in WAW had more than 20 alcoholic drinks and ready made cocktails available for free but virtually no food I would fly LOT again if the price and schedule suites me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.