Reload this Page >

First trip to Switzerland-22 days

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First trip to Switzerland-22 days

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2006, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Oops... I asked you to re-read my post when I should have re-read yours. Sorry Rudi, my mistake. As you live in CH and I do not, I chalk up my colleague's statement as anecdotal and defer to your superior knowledge as you are in a better position than I to judge such things! ^
Old Oct 16, 2006, 5:02 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
pictures may be viewed at the address in the original post top frame
Old Oct 18, 2006, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I've not yet been to Switzerland but reports like this make it more likely that I'll visit there sooner than later. Thanks for this very organized and well written travelogue. ^ ^
Old Oct 18, 2006, 12:24 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thank you
Please let me know if your can get to the pictures from either of the two links
ranles
Old Oct 18, 2006, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I've not yet been to Switzerland but reports like this make it more likely that I'll visit there sooner than later. Thanks for this very organized and well written travelogue. ^ ^
I didn't know there was anywhere you haven't been, Seat 2A! BTW, when can we expect the next TR?
Old Oct 18, 2006, 2:57 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Well, you can read our tr from Southern Nevada (Las Vegas and up to 90 miles away. Great trip if you like Vegas, but would prefer a bit of nature, history and adventure. Returned on Oct 11.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
I didn't know there was anywhere you haven't been, Seat 2A! BTW, when can we expect the next TR?
Hopefully quite soon....

In the meantime, is there a link to that report on southern Nevada travels?

Last edited by Seat 2A; Oct 19, 2006 at 8:45 am
Old Oct 19, 2006, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
Hopefully quite soon....
Now that's a thought to brighten a drizzly day, although a new Seat 2A trip report will not do too much for my prouctivity on the day it's posted.

In the meantime, is there a link to that report on southern Nevada travels?
As I'm headed to Vegas at the end of next week and will have a couple of free days I'd be curious to read that southern Nevada trip report too.

By the way, Elton, I think you will enjoy Switzerland. Especially if, as I did, you unknowingly plan your trip so that you chance to be there for Fasnacht (who knew the SWISS of all people would throw a Mardi Gras?)

I know that I will never forget my encounter with the confetti-gun-toting, cigar-smoking giant chickens of Zurich.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greggwiggins
I know that I will never forget my encounter with the confetti-gun-toting, cigar-smoking giant chickens of Zurich.
Ye Gads! This sounds like a vision from a Hunter S. Thompson novel. Now I've really gotta go!
Old Oct 19, 2006, 5:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
In Appenzell we asked the locals for directions to the "co-op" and it took some time for them to realize that we were looking for the "cope"...

ranles, What was the cost of your bus tour, if you don't mind my asking? I've avoided compiling a bottom-line cost of our June trip, but I know I almost have it paid off by now.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 6:02 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Cost for the Country Roads of Switzerland is $2525 pp W/O air (we used mileage). Discount for early booking and booking thru Pam (see trip) report took off 20%. Then the costs of optional tours, $400+ each. Lots of meals were included, but also some were not. Using coop for wine and food for the room and sandwitches on the road really lowers the cost of eating in Switzerland. Meals out are really high, as is wine (we bought a lot, for domestic comsumption!). Our lodging: 3 nights before and 6 nights afterward, were also with points...a real saver.

Forgot, using Pam to book allowed me to use my AS credit card for points without change. Direct booking with Insight requires really money or a charge for cc's!

Last edited by ranles; Oct 20, 2006 at 12:25 pm Reason: points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.