Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You (Air) India: JFK to LHR in Air India First Class

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2005, 8:11 am
Suspended

Programs: CX Gold MPO
Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
Well considering he was the only one in the cabin, he would only have himself to blame.

I've heard horror stories about AI from years gone by and I suppose they become fables in many peoples minds. It's very hard to change perceptions once the word is out and if they (AI) have lifted their game good on them.
Well the BO or stench can be from previous pax on the plane. I heard from my relatives who travelled on GF that the smell was really bad as soon as you board the plane. That is why I never really wanted to try EK and GF.

I also heard that CX FAs dread doing the BOM and middle eastern routes because of this reason.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by newcx12345
Interesting read.

Jsut wondering what is the state of the toilet on board. I heard horror stories of waster and fluids overfilling the toilet.

Not meant to offend anyone but for the Duvet, the seat and the general, were there are smell of BO?
As GoldFlyer points-out, I had the cabin to myself and I could only inflict so much damage.

Seriously, the bathroom was fine. AI has two bathrooms fro F pax and I did observe the FAs deny access to a coach passenger. It was perfectly clean throughout the flight. I don't know if the FAs did any enroute cleaning (or if they would if the cabin was busier).

As for "BO," not a problem.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 9:00 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Thanks for the great report ^ , how is the "mother of all Trip Reports" doing? Greetings from her as well, finally went to the Doc today.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 1:45 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Privlige club Silver
Excellent report mate, was there any IFE offered in First and Buss class??
Old Jun 29, 2005, 1:53 pm

A magnificent report. I am suppose to take EI this Friday to SNN ...Hopefully it will not be delayed... A fabulous descriptive report.... THANK YOU
Old Jun 29, 2005, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Karan
Excellent report mate, was there any IFE offered in First and Buss class??
Thanks.

I didn't use it, but I think there was in-seat video and audio. AI's website indicates something about DVD players, but I wasn't asked if I wanted one (and I didn't).
Old Jun 29, 2005, 5:08 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Thanks for the great and informative report. The menu sounds sumptuous, as expected flying in F. However, the omission of a breakfast description and failure of the FA's to inquire whether you would like one is a bit disappointing IMHO. This is First Class after all and considering that all the other carriers offer a breakfast service, AI should have a brekfast offering as good as the dinner.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Typically excellent detail and insight that have become a hallmark of PresRDC's Trip Reports. Thanks for gracing this forum with yet another fine effort. ^ ^
Old Jul 2, 2005, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As always, your detailed descriptive reports always inspire us to become better writers. ^
Old Jul 2, 2005, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Thanks for a very informative report always wondered what they were like, as they always seem to have cracking fares,was it $1600 one way or rtw?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.