Search

BA 268 in club- FIRST INSTALLMENT LAX-LHR 9/18

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2004, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa lifetime platinum
BA 268 in club- FIRST INSTALLMENT LAX-LHR 9/18

on arrival the big hall at the Bradley terminal, we found that the flight was
delayed from 9:30pm until 10:30 pm - our flight to cDg would not leave lHr until 6:55pm so no worries even with an hours delay, - this was a separate itinerary from the transatlantic so it could have been close. Check in was polite and strict- asking for credit card that I bought the tickets with, and with the issue of checking the bags all the way to paris - well it was not exactly a snap- she asked : 1. is your next flight on British Air ways? 2. What time it is at as we are having a delay? then just when i was expecting a third question from princess Turandot she had the cDg priority check on our bags ? Where these trick questions? Anyway we were early and all went well through security - the odd baggage security routine at lax- and then through passport control - easy - arrived through the usual depressing maze to the lounge and found it almost full with very polite folks who made room - it seems they were on a delayed qantas flight to auckland. the lounge conatined a few sandwiches and various beers and wines and soft drinks. the sandwiches kept getting replensihed by this mysterious hand that came from a trap door in the back of the display. the usual capuccino machine was present and the sparkling waters as well.
in no time, it seems, we boarded, and we got on the special line for premium passengers- a nice perk- a nice greeting and then whisked upstairs to our sseats 63a and 63 b. the purser Caitlin , detecting we were novices, instructed us on the nCW seat , and there we were in paradise. I chose the window facing backwards.pre-flight oj and /or water were served. the perfunctory apology for the delay but we were scheduled to make up the time and arrive on schedule after all and indeed we did !!

Last edited by marbles dad; Oct 2, 2004 at 2:21 pm
Old Oct 2, 2004, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by marbles dad
then just when i was expecting a third question from princess Turandot she had the cDg priority check on our bags ? Where these trick questions?
But of course you would have been able to answer that third question: "TURANDOT"
Old Oct 2, 2004, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa lifetime platinum
[QUOTE=Non-NonRev]But of course you would have been able to answer that third question: "TURANDOT" [/QUOTE.

her question would have been ? what time does it leave london? me; departs at 6:55 pm- three hours connecting time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.