KUL-LGK-KUL on AirAsia

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2004, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
KUL-LGK-KUL on AirAsia

AirAsia AK 502
Boeing 737-300 (Registration: 9M-AAK)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (KUL) to Langkawi, Malaysia (LGK)
September 2, 2004
Seat: Window
Gate: A6 (Concourse A)

Scheduled
Departure: 09/02 4:10 PM
Arrival: 09/02 5:10 PM
Flight Time: 1:00

My parents and I arrived on a China Airlines flight from Taipei. Since AirAsia doesn't conduct interline check-in with other carriers, we had to claim our baggage and check-in again in the terminal. We arrived at the counter about 2 hours prior to departure. There was no line, and the check-in process was smooth. I showed the agent our e-ticket itinerary and our passports. She tagged our four bags and gave us receipt-like boarding passes.

We had quite some time to spare, so we looked around KLIA. We found an observation floor, but it was fairly empty. We ended up eating KFC and my mom shopped around the shops. KLIA seemed quite empty, even though it was Thursday. We went through security about half an hour prior to boarding. The agent before security only looked at our boarding passes and let us through.

We got some snacks inside the terminal. Unfortunately, they were highly overpriced. However, they did taste pretty good. We then walked over to our gate. The waiting area was still closed, so we waited outside. Before we were allowed to enter the waiting area, an agent checked our IDs and boarding passes. A short while later, the flight attendant announced the flight was ready for boarding. We joined a line and prepared ourselves for open seating.

Once onboard, the flight attendant greeted us. We were able to obtain one side of the over wing emergency exit seats. The flight attendants performed the safety demonstration, and we were in the air very quickly. Once airborne, the flight attendants came around asking people if they would like to buy drinks or food. Everything costs money on AirAsia.

We began our descent and arrived at Langkawi ahead of schedule. We parked on the tarmac and exited via stairs. We waited for a while for our luggage, and then we hopped on a taxi to our hotel for a great vacation in Langkawi. I enjoyed my flight with AirAsia especially since its prices were so low. I really have no comment about the service though.

AirAsia AK 501
Boeing 737-300 (Registration: 9M-AAI)
Langkawi, Malaysia (LGK) to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (KUL)
September 5, 2004
Seat: Aisle
Gate: 4

Scheduled
Departure: 09/05 12:50 PM
Arrival: 09/05 1:50 PM
Flight Time: 1:00

It was short ride from the hotel to the airport. My family and I arrived about 2 hours prior to departure. We first had to scan our luggage with the authorities before we could check-in. Again, there was no line for the AirAsia check-in counter. We showed the agent our e-ticket itinerary and passports. The agent tagged our bags and gave us three boarding passes. It was preprinted and stamped with our flight number. We then went to a restaurant where we got an Italian pizza and Laksa.

When it was almost boarding time, we past through security. Langkawi airport is quite small, and they only had a few gates. We joined the line for our flight and boarded through the backdoor of the B737. We found seats together, but they were quite in the back. Fortunately, this was going to be a short one hour flight.

After we were seated and the doors were closed, the flight attendants performed the safety demonstration. We were airborne shortly afterwards. In the air, the flight attendants came around to ask if we like to buy any drinks or food. I kindly declined for my entire family.

We landed at KLIA on-time. At the baggage claim, we waited quite a while for our bags. For some reason, my dad's golf bag never appeared. I asked the AirAsia agent at the carousel, and he pointed to another belt with oversized bags. Fortunately, we found my dad's golf bag, but it didn't come as quickly as we would have hoped.

We later got on the world's crappiest taxi to our hotel in Kuala Lumpur. I enjoyed this flight with AirAsia, but I would've hoped the baggage would arrive earlier.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Short report, short flight I like that to the point. Thanks. ^
Old Oct 4, 2004, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
I had a similar experience with Air Asia. Good, cheap and effecient! ^
Old Oct 4, 2004, 11:50 pm

Programs: NW gold,KE morning calm premium,OZ diamond
Air Asia is Malaysian airline?
I never heard about it.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 5:00 am

Programs: BA emerald, AF rouge ,UA premier executive, SQ,ANA, HYATT,, AMENITI
WWW.AIRASIA.COM
Old Oct 5, 2004, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
I had an efficient no-frills experience on AirAsia going from KUL-PEN. The ticket was inexpensive and it met my expectations. I wouldn't hesitate to fly them again and I have recommended the airline to my friends traveling in Asia. They took it from BKK-SIN and had no problems whatsoever and were amazed at how inexpensive the tickets were. I'm glad to see there are some lower cost airlines developing in Asia for a bit more competition for travelers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.