Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

BA Club (mostly) to Portugal and California ... Steady-EDI blogs again!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2004, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, BD, AF, LH, AA, EK, Hilton, ICHG, SPG

I am spending most of September on my travels and, once again, I am writing it all up for posterity

My website has been slightly re-formatted so that it can now cope with more than one trip. All the previous RTW stuff is still there, but now there is also the (currently unfolding) story of my September escapades courtesy of BA's various I-class deals ^

Hopefully the changes to the site are self-explanatory. You choose a trip from the main menu in the left margin, then navigate within the context of that trip using the new horizontal menu bars.

Enjoy!

PS : I think the site has survived the transition OK, but if anyone spots any glitches, please let me know.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
This may sound hard to believe, but I've only just finished completely reading (and transcribing to my permanent journal of excellent Trip Reports) your Round The World trip from last March and April. What a fantastic trip, not to mention a superb job of writing about it. To me at least, your website along with your superior command of the English language make your Trip Reports the standard by which I'll judge all others.

That said, you can imagine my surprise and delight upon scrolling through the Trip Reports forum to find yet another report from you. While I've not yet read this one, I hope to do so by next year. As always, I'll look forward to this and any future reports you publish.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:34 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Nice report so fa ^^. Website is (still) great.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Next part now started

A shameless bump to let you know that the next part of my September story is now underway, with more coming soon.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 10:47 pm

Programs: QP Silver; CX MPC Green; Virgin AusRed
Steady-EDI, what an excellent trip report (and website) ^ , I really enjoyed reading your travels and your RTW trip is absolutely amazing!

Keep up the good work and I look forward to read more of your trip soon.

Ricky!
Old Sep 15, 2004, 3:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Steady-EDI - the Lamb fillet Mach Bous is simply superb. I have had it twice and absolutely adore it. In fact the whole Menu rotation on which it features is brilliant. Even the dessert which is very creamy and quite satisfying, while not being too sweet. To feature Cheese and Biscuits as well is the Icing on the cake.

However, I have only had it on GBAirways flights.

If I had my way, I would have it as an option on every flight in Club Europe, it's that good. In fact, I would say it was almost on a par with the lamb dish I had on a flight to Phoenix in FIRST around the same time you were flying to Porto, it is that good!

Furthermore your website is excellent - I have tried to approach the same level of detail with my own trip report of my recent trip to Phoenix, however external hosting like you have is always the best option!
Old Sep 15, 2004, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA GLD
Heeeeee's baaaaaaack ...

An excellent start to the latest odyssey. Looking forward to reading about LHRSFO ... or hearing about it in person

Lovely day in SF today ... hope you're out and about enjoying it ...
Old Sep 24, 2004, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA GLD
Excellent reporting, as usual. Great photo of the bear! Unusual to see one so close. Looking forward to more ...
Old Sep 25, 2004, 10:19 am

Excellent writing, please continue in the same style. ^
Old Sep 29, 2004, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Unhappy Trip cut short

Folks, just a very quick note from LHR to explain that I've had to abandon the remaining part of the trip and return home due to a family crisis.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 1:28 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Sorry to hear that. Hope everything turns out OK. I really enjoyed reading your report. May it continue one day!
Old Sep 30, 2004, 12:46 am

Sorry

Sorry to hear about the family crisis... I hope everything goes fine...

Take care,
Carfield
Old Oct 4, 2004, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Blue forever!
Very sorry to hear that you had to cut short your trip. Thanks for the nice shot of Iceland. Would you believe that on our recent LHR-LAX flight, which departed around 4 p.m., virtually all the shades were drawn by the time we were over Iceland? I only managed to get a look by standing at the window in the rear of Y. What a spectacular sight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.