MAN to LYS via MUC with LH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2004, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Gold, easyJet Flight Club, Global Entry

I was a bit dubious when I discovered a cheap ticket with LH booked through Expedia, for just £109 inc. taxes I was getting a trip to Lyon via Munich with a full service airline. Not bad, but where's the catch? Well, pleased to say there isn't one and more than that, I was very impressed with LH service both on the ground and in the air.

Check-in at Manchester T1 wasn't bad...bit slower than usual but then I'm used to using the Biz check-in with bmi. Having to queue up with Y pax. was an unusual novelty! Still, an efficient check-in agent gave me all the info. I needed for my trip i.e. no need to pick up bags in Munich etc. and then I hurried off to the Globeground Exec. Lounge. It's one of the better third party lounges without doubt. Nice view of the apron and runways as well as toast (yes toast!). I used my Priority Pass card to gain entry although it would appear this lounge is used by quite a few other airlines, including LH, for their Business and FT Status Passengers.

Boarding commenced a good 20 mins. before departure although actual time off the blocks was delayed due to Saturday morning holiday traffic. Seating is leather throughout, fairly comfortable and seat pitch typical of other Y products in the market.

Once airborne, I was offered free bar service and choice of Salami or Cheese sandwich which was of good quality.

Due to the late departure and consequent late arrival into Munich, as well as only a scheduled one hour transfer had I been on time, I had to hurry for my onward flight to Lyon. Made it in good time, albeit a little out of breath!

Once onboard the smaller Lufthansa Cityline Canadair, I settled into my leather seat in the 2x2 configuration. Same bar service and ham sandwich this time - one hour later I'm off the plane in Lyon, on time.

Overall, super service with excellent information throughout. They made clear that onward flights from MUC would be held until we boarded them. All this for a very reasonable price and a generous quota of Star Alliance points meant I was a very satisfied traveller.

Regards.
Old Oct 9, 2004, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Good Report

Nice to hear that the connection works well in this underserved market. I've done the non-stop on BA's commuter carrier but this route seems to be seasonal. I'd really love to see more BD flights to Europe from MAN--it would encourage me to take the wonderful ORD-MAN more often!

Was your return trip as smooth?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.