Wiki Posts
Search

Brief Review of PIT Hyatt

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2004, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, HHonors
Thumbs up Brief Review of PIT Hyatt

I just returned from a weekend stay at the Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport and thought I'd offer some comments about the staff there that made my weekend enjoyable.
I was actually not flying to or from anywhere. I was in town to see Dave Matthews Band at Post-Gazette and the airport seemed a convenient location for a stay, save the increased cost of parking. I was very impressed with hotel, the staff especially. Not only was everyone very helpful, they made extra attempts to make me feel welcome, even asking upon my return to the hotel at midnight, how the concert was.
Room service food was very good and, compared to other hotels, not outrageously expensive.
The parking situation was slightly expensive, but not really a hassle.
The view from our room on the 10th floor was nice, overlooking one of the runways instead of the parking lot of the other side of the hotel.
The location is nearly unbeatable. I've stayed at airport hotels at CVG, CMH, MCO, etc etc...and maybe with the exception of MCO, this hotel was in the best location. If the website says, "steps away from security," it's true.
To be honest, for the price, I was not expecting a great deal, but they Hyatt Regency has come through for me again.
Dave
Old Jul 6, 2004, 7:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Thumbs up

I have stayed only once in a Hyatt, and I do have to agree with you! I was a the Hyatt Regency in La Jolla, and honestly compared to the marriott's, Hilton's, and other 3-4-5 * hotels I stayed at, I totally agree! The staff was among the most wonderful I have encountered always helpful and looking for ways to make you as happy as possible. I was really amazed at their professionalism.
The only downside is that when I go to a hotel, I HATE having to pay for parking, I don't care about the rest, but parking I don't know if gold passport offer this, but last summer when I did my trip around Spain with my girlfriend we stayed at different Paradores, and just by joining their frequent stay membership (which is free of course) you get free parkings at the hotels plus a nice glass of wine at the bar... I don't care about the wine but free parking would be nice!!!!

Synd
Old Jul 6, 2004, 8:08 am

Gold Passport members usually don't get free parking.

As a Diamond member, in all our stays we were comped valet parking one time at the Hyatt Maui since their free lot was full due to some kind of event one time.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA GLD
I agree with you about the Hyatt at PIT. I've stayed there a couple of times, and it's been very nice. Pleasant staff and good, inexpensive room service. I thought the beds were a bit uncomfortable, though. I love the fact that it's attached to the airport. And I love PIT airport. Too bad US Airways has pretty much abandoned it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.