Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short Weekend trip from STR to BRE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2004, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Short Weekend trip from STR to BRE

After flying back from Manchester on BA this morning I got a call from a friend that I have to come to Bremen for the weekend for partying as I was just able to spend one night there last week on my journey from New York to Stuttgart and that was a Thursday night…

I went to the airport which is just about 10 minutes away from my place and bought a cheap 132 Euro youth fare ticket(booking class V). I already checked-in at the F class counter which was deserted. Nothing compared to Wednesday night when I was checking in for my BA flight. I have never seen such queues at any C/F class check-in except for FRA. Everybody wanted to fly home for the long weekend.
Afterwards I went back home to park my car and do some work. Next step was to take the bus to the airport which took about 15 minutes and which arrives at the arrivals level right in front of T1. Just had to take the elevator up and passed the security without any waiting time.
And made my way to the lounge which is situated one floor above the departure gates. I went into the SEN lounge where I´m sitting right now and try to empty the bottle of Absolut Vodka.
The lounge itself is quite at the moment with just two other guests. Very nice views of the tarmac and on to the “Schwäbische Alb”. Except for HAM it´s the only real SEN lounge where no *-G gives get access.
Now I have just 1.15 hour until bording starts and the bottle is getting emptier…

After having some more drinks I went down to the departure lounge and boarding started exactly at 8.40pm. I took my seats 18 C in the last room.(Exit row with only 2 seats on each side.) Only 27 passengers tonight aboard our Eurowings Bae 146. No one in Business but no wonder as there was a public holiday in Southern Germany yesterday but somehow strange that there are just two females aboard except for the F/A´s.

Sometimes this route is operated by the worst plane in the whole LH network D-AQUA which still has got very old fabric seats and which looks very worn but tonight we got one of the better Bae´s with leather seats and a quite good inside.
Flight time was announced with 55 minutes tonight which is quite good compared to the ATR´s which used to operated this route. It took them 1.5 hours to get to BRE...
My record is still 2.15 hours aboard a chartered Fokker 50 on this route. Some problems with the ATC caused that flight time…

The two female F/A´s are very fast tonight as they already finished their first drink service 15 minutes after take-off. Just got a Warsteiner beer. Unfortunately no Beck´s available and also no snacks. Last week on MUC-BRE and BRE-STR we got a sandwich,yoghurt and small cake in C.

One comment to last weeks F/A´s…two male F/A´s who already starting argueing with me when me and my girlfriend boarded the Bae at MUC after flying in from JFK in F. We boarded with 4 large pieces of hand-luggage but they insisted that it´s not allowed to take more than one bag even when connecting from a flight in F. Furthermore I had to shut down my laptop as it has a CD-Rom. I never experienced a problem on any flight before that day.
Today no problems either to use my laptop or carrying two pieces of hand-luggage even in Y.

I was still hoping for a second drink service but the F/A´s decided to gather in the front galley and after thirty minutes in flight the Captain hasn´t even turned-off the “fasten seat-belt” sign. Also no info about the flight route or weather in Bremen so far.
The F/O just gave some info about the flight route. We left Stuttgart crossed Ludwigsburg,Frankfurt,Fulda,Hannover and are directly heading on to runway 27 of Bremen airport. Temperature is still 16° Celsius at 9.40 pm.
Now we´ve started our descent and remaining flight time is 15 minutes which means that we´ll land about 15 minutes ahead of schedule so I will have to wait a some minutes for the poor man who is our driver tonight.
At arrival we were awaited by 2 OLT Saab 2000 and several OLT Metroliners, KLM F 70, LH B 735 and a City Air Saab 340 which is grounded at BRE.

After my arrival the driver and I drove to a friend were we had some more Vodka-Red Bulls and within a couple of minutes some more friends arrived. Including two fellow Air Canada SE´s. At around 12 we went to La Viva which is one of not so many clubs in Bremen. I ordered the first bottle of Smirnoff and so each other person bought another one…I don´t really remember what we did that night but it was quite funny to hear the stories the next day as the only persons who really know what happened were the drivers.

Saturday night started with a small party at a friends place. I felt much better after my first drink… Off to a club in the suburbs of Bremen but only till 3 am. Sunday was the day to relax and we just met to watch Euro championchip.
Today I took the train from Achim to Bremen and checked-in for my flight back to Stuttgart. No other passenger at the check-in as the flight to Frankfurt just left and the only LH departure in the next 90 minutes is my flight. Got seat 5C in the first Y row.
Currently I´m sitting in the SEN lounge at Bremen. Same food and drinks as everywhere else which means that nothing special is available.

On my flight nothing special happened so I decided to finish my report…
Old Jul 14, 2004, 1:08 pm

Great report. Thanks. Your way of living looks like big fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.