Reload this Page >

Denmark, Faroe, Iceland, and Greenland via LX J, SK Y, RC Y, FI Y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denmark, Faroe, Iceland, and Greenland via LX J, SK Y, RC Y, FI Y

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2023, 9:43 am

Really love this TR, CHSDOC! Would love, one day, to go to Greenland. A friend did the Arctic Circle trail and her photos have really stolen my imagination. Yours did, too!
Old Aug 18, 2023, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 13901
Really love this TR, CHSDOC! Would love, one day, to go to Greenland. A friend did the Arctic Circle trail and her photos have really stolen my imagination. Yours did, too!
Thank you
Old Aug 18, 2023, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian
Great report and definitely not one I'm used to reading here. Nice to see Dash 7's in service.

Those pics are amazing and I can only imagine they don't do justice to seeing them in person.

Did you filet those cod? Cod and chips??
We tried. The chef at Hotel Arctic said it was against the law as the source wasn't regulated. I had video of the source...but so be it. We didn't have time anyway.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Final trip home

The trip home was uneventful in the context of getting to Greenland. A third return to KEF via FI Dash-8 and an overnight at the Marriott Courtyard Keflavik using some free night certificates I had....a fantastic value and a nice hotel. We returned on UA Y+ which was, well, United Y+.

All in all the routing was pretty slick and would have been ideal if not for the flight diversions. For those Europe based I would expect the Air Greenland jet to SFJ connecting JAV would be a more economical and predictable routing. I also would not be surprised to see some North American routes to Greenland open up once Ilulissat and Nuuk complete their new airports.
​​​​​​
​​​​​In terms of overall beauty I would rate as such:

Faroe > Greenland ,...,.......,...........>>>Iceland. And Copenhagen is just some city. No offense but there are nice cities everywhere with nice things in them. There are few places on earth like Greenland or Faroe or even Iceland.

​​​​​
cedric, lamphs and stu1985 like this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 3:19 pm
pjs

Really enjoyable report. I can't imagine what the teens were like on the several aborted trips from Iceland to Greenland
Old Aug 24, 2023, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Loved this report, thanks very much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.