Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Orange County to LAX via American Flagship First Class… because why not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orange County to LAX via American Flagship First Class… because why not?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by DFW_CK
Thank you, NYC1. Wife is ok - RONA hit her pretty hard but she is recovering. It also means my hall passes have increased by 3x since I voluntarily cancelled this week's Europe run
Glad to hear that. Not sure about the hall pass situation but I will leave that one alone
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:52 pm

Love SFO777 Trip Reports. Looking forward to this one too!
Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:39 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, IHG Gold, HH Silver
So sorry to hear about DFW-CK's wife. I am glad to read above she is on the mend! As to the report, as always, looking forward to seeing/reading everything about your travels. Thanks for sharing some teaser photos of what's upcoming!

All best -

Matthew
DFW_CK likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:50 pm
Suspended

meal looks really good
Old Jan 27, 2022, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Fantastic! Another SFO777 trip report to get me through the weekend. Can't wait. Wishing DFW_CK's wife a quick recovery. Hopefully you got to enjoy Flagship F before they condensed the F service this week for your health and safety.

-FlyerBeek
DFW_CK likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Fantastic! Another SFO777 trip report to get me through the weekend. Can't wait. Wishing DFW_CK's wife a quick recovery. Hopefully you got to enjoy Flagship F before they condensed the F service this week for your health and safety. -FlyerBeek
Thanks so much FlyerBeek. Now on board AA "Flagship First" from John Wayne to JFK. LOL. It's been six months since I've been on AA and now I know why. Apparently tonight's FA already got the union memo. Indifferent service, sloppy presentation and, of course, AA's horrid food.

The sea bass was disgusting. One bite and I'm outta here.

lamphs likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

And what's AA without another delay? While waiting in the SNA Admirals Club, I got this love note from AA...

Fortunately, the AA/B6 partnership let me book the 9:30am jetBlue new Mint suites configuration. And a Mint Studio was available with Amex covering the $199 Studio upgrade fee. It's a sad state at. USdbaAA when I'll spend 25K extra AA miles to fly jetBlue Mint than AA three class First.
lamphs, catmndu, Echika and 1 others like this.

Last edited by SFO777; Jan 28, 2022 at 12:04 am
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Wow, that sea bass looks like a disaster. I can't even believe that's fish! This trip report is getting better by the hour now with the prospect of a B6 Mint Studio segment!

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 28, 2022, 4:43 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Is there a fish hiding under that black tar-looking stuff? Looks god awful indeed!
Old Jan 28, 2022, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Our flight went from bad to worse as the two trailer trash guys in 4A and 4F decided they'd rather yap than sleep. I moved back to a vacant Business Class seat for some peace and quiet and slept for a couple of hours.

On the other hand, First Dining at JFK is as wonderful as ever and just about the only good thing about American these days. How this can be so good and the rest of the airline so bad is a mystery. The current menu...

Wonderful server Joanne recommended two new items on the menu. The Peppered Duck Egg and Smoked Trout Hash was spectacular. I could only imagine how a glass of LPGS would go with this... if the city that never sleeps permitted alcohol before 8am.

And for dessert, LOL, the deliciously decadent Blueberry Toast Crunch Bars.

Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Meanwhile, another Instagram reel on The Centurion Lounge SFO and my United Express flight to John Wayne. www.instagram.com/p/CZRa-tyMTa0/
Echika likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:03 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by guv1976
But, but . . .
​​​​​the thread title promised a report on AA F from SNA to LAX! What a tease!
This still reminds me of my 1990 First Class around the world. LAX-LHR on AA, followed by Singapore for LHR-BOM, BOM-SIN, SIN-HKG-LAX. But the opening segment was the SNA-LAX flight on AA. They told me to check-in 2 hours early for international, but I knew enough to arrive just 20 minutes before the flight which is when the gate opened.

P.S. - At that time the service and food and drinks (actual Dom Perignon) were just as good on AA F as they were on SQ F.
Parterre likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, UC, Lifetime HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by SFO777
Thanks so much FlyerBeek. Now on board AA "Flagship First" from John Wayne to JFK. LOL. It's been six months since I've been on AA and now I know why. Apparently tonight's FA already got the union memo. Indifferent service, sloppy presentation and, of course, AA's horrid food.

The sea bass was disgusting. One bite and I'm outta here.

Wait that's Sea bass?! Whoa! and I thought United's egg whites were disgusting.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by glasman19
Wait that's Sea bass?! Whoa! and I thought United's egg whites were disgusting.
I thought it was an overcooked filet. The presentation makes it look like the old take-out containers at the back of the fridge that even Gumbo doesn't want.
catmndu and wrp96 like this.

Last edited by wakesetter93; Jan 28, 2022 at 8:52 am
Old Jan 28, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, UC, Lifetime HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by SFO777
A couple more Instagram reels for those inclined.

Perfect landing at SFO on gorgeous morning...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZP7Ss-pkWB/

One hour on the roads and highways around the Bay Area...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZQQ4b2OF2t/
I hope you drove by your old stopping ground.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.