Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Orange County to LAX via American Flagship First Class… because why not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2022, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist

Unfortunately, DFW_CK’s wife tested positive for Covid last week so we had to cancel this week's Air France La Première mileage run and dinners in Madrid and Budapest.

Instead, I’m off to San Francisco and Orange County on a shopping run for Mrs. SFO777. And since I already had a 4 day hall pass, spending an extra day revisiting AA’s transcon First service was an easy approval.

• Denver to San Francisco via United 77W Polaris First Class
• San Francisco to John Wayne via E75 United
• Dinner at Taco Maria Costa Mesa
• Admirals Club at John Wayne SNA
• Orange County to JFK via American Flagship First Class
• American Flagship First Dining at JFK
• JFK to LAX via American Flagship First Class
• American’s Flagship Lounge at LAX
• LAX to Denver via United 739 First Class.

I’ve been experimenting with Instagram and had planned to "live stream" our European adventure. Alas, another time.

But I’m going to try it on this short trip. For those interested..... https://www.instagram.com/sfo777dotcom/

And the initial reel on this morning's DEN-SFO flight....

Here are few teaser pics. I’ll post pics shortly but in the meantime…

Last edited by SFO777; Jan 28, 2022 at 2:37 pm
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
So lets start the trip
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:07 pm

Too bad about having to cancel the trip to Europe and I hope that DFW_CK 's wife is ok.

Enjoy this trip and I look forward to following the adventure, although the "food" in that last picture looks horrible...
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
It's always good to see a new SFO777 trip report.

I will be visiting the LAX FL and OW lounges this weekend. Sad that we must wait a few more months for a steak at the QF F lounge.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
Originally Posted by NYC1
Too bad about having to cancel the trip to Europe and I hope that DFW_CK 's wife is ok.

Enjoy this trip and I look forward to following the adventure, although the "food" in that last picture looks horrible...
Thank you, NYC1. Wife is ok - RONA hit her pretty hard but she is recovering. It also means my hall passes have increased by 3x since I voluntarily cancelled this week's Europe run
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Looking forward to another TR!
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SFO777
Unfortunately, DFW_CK’s wife tested positive for Covid last week so we had to cancel this week's Air France La Première mileage run and dinners in Madrid and Budapest.

Instead, I’m off to San Francisco and Orange County on a shopping run for Mrs. SFO777. And since I already had a 4 pass hall pass, spending an extra day revisiting AA’s transcon First service was an easy approval.

• Denver to San Francisco via United 77W Polaris First Class
• San Francisco to John Wayne via 75E United
• Dinner at Taco Maria Santa Ana
• Orange County to JFK via American Flagship First Class
• American Flagship First Dining at JFK
• JFK to LAX via American Flagship First Class
• American’s Flagship Lounge at LAX
• LAX to Denver via United 739 First Class.

I’ve been experimenting with Instagram and had planned to "live stream" our European adventure. Alas, another time.

But I’m going to try it on this short trip. For those interested..... https://www.instagram.com/sfo777dotcom/

And the initial reel on this morning's DEN-SFO flight.... https://www.instagram.com/p/CZPdqZULaJk/

Here are few teaser pics. I’ll post pics shortly but in the meantime…

Why do I sense that this UA gloop is going to be better than the F cabin glop (not to be confused with gloop) on the AA flight?
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Why do I sense that this UA gloop is going to be better than the F cabin glop (not to be confused with gloop) on the AA flight?
I don't even know what that is supposed to be. Egg white omelette, mashed potatoes?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
But, but . . .
​​​​​the thread title promised a report on AA F from SNA to LAX! What a tease!
wakko11, SFO777, lamphs and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
I don't even know what that is supposed to be. Egg white omelette, mashed potatoes?
They look like egg bites...after someone tasted then spit them out

Shame about the empty glass in the background. The vintage champagne should be served alongside the food, lol.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The meal looks awful! I'm wondering if my Labrador (eats anything) would turn his nose up at that!
Old Jan 27, 2022, 5:18 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Can't wait to hear the comments about the food.

One of your reports in maybe 2015 you used the term "Jeff McMuffin" back when it seemed like UA catering hit rock bottom. (of course C-19 has taught us there is no bottom in US domestic catering)

I still laugh anytime I am flying and see a breakfast sandwich option on a flight.

Let's see what this report brings.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NYC1
Too bad about having to cancel the trip to Europe and I hope that DFW_CK 's wife is ok. Enjoy this trip and I look forward to following the adventure, although the "food" in that last picture looks horrible...
Thanks NYC1 and for asking about DFW-CK's wife. As he noted below, she is on the mend. The egg white hockey puck was about what it looked like. The only redeeming part was the chicken sausage.

Originally Posted by work2fly
It's always good to see a new SFO777 trip report. I will be visiting the LAX FL and OW lounges this weekend. Sad that we must wait a few more months for a steak at the QF F lounge.
Thank you work2fly. Nice to see the LAX lounges finally coming back. Unfortunately, First Dining has not yet reopened which gave me no compelling reason to endure the hour up the 405 to LAX. That and my SNA-JFK ticket cost $150 or so... 37.5K AA miles from my Simply Miles 4/10 of a cent a mile promotion.

Originally Posted by DFW_CK
Thank you, NYC1. Wife is ok - RONA hit her pretty hard but she is recovering. It also means my hall passes have increased by 3x since I voluntarily cancelled this week's Europe run
I think you are going to be milking this one far a long time.

Looking forward to another TR!
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Thanks guys. Egg white scamble shaped like hockey pucks. At least they try, unlike AA. The other option was bourdon maple waffles which is really, really good. I just wasn't in the mood for dessert to start off the day. LOL/

Originally Posted by guv1976
But, but . . .
​​​​​the thread title promised a report on AA F from SNA to LAX! What a tease!
LOL. Technically, it is true.

Originally Posted by work2fly
They look like egg bites...after someone tasted then spit them out Shame about the empty glass in the background. The vintage champagne should be served alongside the food, lol.
It's United, so that glass is going to stay empty as far as I'm concerned.

Originally Posted by LondonElite
The meal looks awful! I'm wondering if my Labrador (eats anything) would turn his nose up at that!
He'd have eaten the sausage and that's be it.

Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
Can't wait to hear the comments about the food. One of your reports in maybe 2015 you used the term "Jeff McMuffin" back when it seemed like UA catering hit rock bottom. (of course C-19 has taught us there is no bottom in US domestic catering). I still laugh anytime I am flying and see a breakfast sandwich option on a flight.. Let's see what this report brings.
The hockey puck notwithstanding, UA is serving much better domestic food than AA or DL. Indeed, hot meals on all hub-to-hub flights.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:14 pm

Egg white omelette, roasted potatoes, sausages and some tomato-based sauce. Looks disgusting… Unfortunately for SFO777 , not La Premiere catering.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

A couple more Instagram reels for those inclined.

Perfect landing at SFO on gorgeous morning...

One hour on the roads and highways around the Bay Area...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.