Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

TAP Portugal lounge during the COVID-19 pandemic in Lisbon (LIS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2020, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver

Flying LIS-MAD, I had a chance to check out the lounge in the post-COVID times. This short trip report details the changes that have taken place since the lounge re-opened.

The number of flights has definitely increased.

The terminal was not as empty as it was in March or May, but still much emptier than usual.

The ANA lounge was open as well. Some airlines are covered up as they no longer fly here.

The TP lounge looked the same on the outside. The check-in desk had some plexiglass, though probably not enough to do anything.

Overall the lounge looks pretty similar. Social distancing means that some seats were blocked off. Some tables were also spaced out to make more room. You are asked to keep your mask on unless you are eating and eat only at tables.

Food-wise, you have a new glass wall, where you place your order and get your hot food. Pre-packaged items are on the other side of the wall, which you can quickly grab.

Drinks are also ordered from the same place.

Before ordering you can check out the lounge menu, so that you can make up your mind before getting to the counter.

This was the spread around breakfast time. Not very different from before the pandemic.

Those bread rolls/pastries that she's putting into the trays have porous bags to allow for packaging of hot bread. Not sure about the efficacy of how this worker is handling the food, though I would probably still take a roll.

Another table, away from the main counter.

You also have some fruit and baby food here.

The bar at the other end of the lounge is behind a plexiglass counter. It was already working at 9AM.

Overall, a very good set-up and food offer, given the circumstances - a much better option than the craziness in LH SEN lounge in FRA.

My only complaint is that some keep their masks off for too long while "eating."
BlaiseBOS, roadwarrier and tff like this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let's not get into the topic of the Magic Mask please.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 6:24 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I wouldn’t quite call it post covid. Perhaps mid covid? Regardless, thank you @Palal for the update.
offerendum and Palal like this.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 8:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
In Johannesburg, Lounges that operate, only open at 10:30 which I think is a stupid practice. They have precautions in place, so when I flew out last week, (on a non partner airline), they lost out on my revenue, and several other people who were willing to walk in and pay.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 10:22 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
The food there at this lounge never looked super appealing in my humble opinion, and the addition of the (likely necessary) plastic wrap hasn't done much to improve this perception.

Thanks for posting.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
The food there at this lounge never looked super appealing in my humble opinion, and the addition of the (likely necessary) plastic wrap hasn't done much to improve this perception.
I was going to say the same thing. I was there last summer before a flight to Paris and thought it was pretty forgettable as a lounge. The high point was the bartender that seemed excited to make anything that included more than 2 ingredients!
Old Dec 2, 2020, 5:35 pm

Programs: Miles&More/Iberia plus
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73

Thanks for posting.
we were here last week and I must however say even on the food front it was heaven compared to the LH lounges in Frankfurt
Old Dec 7, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
I was there last weekend and the pastel da natas were excellent.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 1:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
This update looks very encouraging. Something to look forward to when I fly A3 to/from ATH and later with LH to/from WAW via FRA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.