A Weekend In Musandam

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Weekend In Musandam

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2020, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA gold, Hilton Diamond
Wow, great getaway! Your daughter is going to be a great traveler!
Old Jun 28, 2020, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HawaiiTrvlr
What is the water temp of the water that you snorkeled in (compared to the heated pool)?
The water temperature was actually quite nice in January. About 24C/74F https://seatemperature.info/musandam...mperature.html
Originally Posted by nequine
Some really fantastic photos you got on this trip... excluding the ones of your daughter!
Thanks, nequine, I think.
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Looks like a great trip, DanielW! You have just inspired me for a new destination when things start to open up!
And just to echo others - your daughter looks so cute and delightful !
Thank you, SKT-DK. Yes, a great trip, you can even do overnight camping trips there and stay in a tent on the beach.
Originally Posted by brandie
Wow, great getaway! Your daughter is going to be a great traveler!
Many thanks, brandie. Yes, can't wait to take her on her first plane trip.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 7:14 pm
DH

Thanks again for the beautiful pictures! Musandam was my favorite visa run (back in 2014). Thanks for the memories.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 1:16 am

I've enjoyed all of your trip reports that I've read, Daniel, but this one I liked especially since Musandam was part of one of the last trips I took before the pandemic and it's such a lovely, relaxing place. Plus, seeing dolphins in the wild never fails to bring a smile to my face.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 12:36 am

I stayed at the same hotel in Khasab 3 years ago. Smart you were on the 2nd floor. We were on the ground floor and the room was dark. I had no idea
they had an infinity pool. The pool I swam in was very nice but near the restaurant. The boat trip was fantastic. Cute baby!
Old Apr 26, 2021, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DH
Thanks again for the beautiful pictures! Musandam was my favorite visa run (back in 2014). Thanks for the memories.
Thanks, DH. Sad that we can no longer go across the border now with Covid.
Originally Posted by strummerjones
I've enjoyed all of your trip reports that I've read, Daniel, but this one I liked especially since Musandam was part of one of the last trips I took before the pandemic and it's such a lovely, relaxing place. Plus, seeing dolphins in the wild never fails to bring a smile to my face.
Thanks, strummerjones. Yes, a great escape from the city. Great seeing the playful dolphins in the wild too.

Originally Posted by Bretteee
I stayed at the same hotel in Khasab 3 years ago. Smart you were on the 2nd floor. We were on the ground floor and the room was dark. I had no idea
they had an infinity pool. The pool I swam in was very nice but near the restaurant. The boat trip was fantastic. Cute baby!
Hannelie loved the boat trip too. She loves the water and if we went again now though she would probably want to jump off the side and go for a swim .
Old Apr 26, 2021, 4:27 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Great TR, thanks for sharing (although it's from last year, I got to notice it only now !).
The pictures are great, especially the drone ones. Did you have to request a special permit to omani authorities to use it ? I am getting confused with all those drone rules nowadays...
We went to Oman in Feb 2020 and my gf and I just loved it (was the second time for me and first time for her). We were hesitating to go to Musandam peninsula but given the trouble with brining a rental car from Oman through UAE border, we opted to stay in the "mainland" and went to dhofar instead. Musandam peninsula will be on our list to see for next time, thanks to your TR !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.