Covid Photo Trip Report: AC/LH YOW-YYZ-FRA-AMS in J/Y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid Photo Trip Report: AC/LH YOW-YYZ-FRA-AMS in J/Y

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2020, 7:59 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Thank you for sharing. Sad to see this is what flying has become in 2020 and hopeful that once we can get past this, things will get back to a new normal.
capedreamer likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Keep in mind that this was the explanation given by the AC crew, so it may not be accurate, but yes, supposedly this is to avoid overcrowding at the baggage carousel.
Keep the passenger densely seated together on the plane longer, to possibly save some of them from waiting by the carousel, where physical distancing is much easier.

Very creative safety theater. Bravo! It's going to be a lot of fun watching all of these nonsensical policies pop up over the next few months.
capedreamer likes this.
Old May 28, 2020, 11:52 am
Suspended

Definitely an interesting experience. Flying premium won't be the same anymore - at least for a while!
capedreamer likes this.
Old May 31, 2020, 10:45 am

Programs: LH HON | UA 1K
Do you guys think that this situation might improve (lounges, warm food) until December?
Old May 31, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E75
Thanks for sharing, very interesting.
capedreamer likes this.
Old May 31, 2020, 5:53 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Should one blame workforce reductions for the apparently unresolved DeFlateGateTM experience? Or corporate disinterest?
Old May 31, 2020, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by canolakid
Should one blame workforce reductions for the apparently unresolved DeFlateGateTM experience? Or corporate disinterest?
TBD?

Air Canada Will Use Downtime to Fix Deflating Seats - FlyerTalk

David
Old Jun 2, 2020, 2:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Great, thanks for the review, I’ll be flying AMS-YYZ direct next month in J and know what to expect. Just a question - what does it look like collecting baggage at YYZ? Does it still come out at the carousel, or do you pick it up plane side?
Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by yyztozag
Great, thanks for the review, I’ll be flying AMS-YYZ direct next month in J and know what to expect. Just a question - what does it look like collecting baggage at YYZ? Does it still come out at the carousel, or do you pick it up plane side?
I haven't travelled with checked bags for years so unfortunately can't help you there.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@capedreamer

Thank you for an outstanding trip report and apologies for the delay in posting. I loved your photos and detail. You reminded me that what I miss most is my IFE out the window at FL400. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 6:01 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, Marriott Gold
Great report!

What was the mask situation? Did you have to wear a mask for the full duration on the domestic segments?

What about the international segment? Obviously you would need to take it off for your meal at least. I haven't tried sleeping with a mask (yet), but it seems like it would too distracting to fall asleep.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Instead of starting a new thread, thought I'd share a few photos from my second trip since Covid here:

AC 875 (FRA-YUL) on Oct 10:

The meal comprised a starter of smoked salmon and halibut with a quinoa salad, tomato and rocket ravioli, cheese and crackers, and cheesecake.

For comparison, this was my meal on LH 175 (TXL-FRA) this morning:

And the rather sad offering at the Senator Lounge at FRA:

But I'm not complaining. Just seeing this view again was a treat:

Welcome to Montreal:

Last edited by capedreamer; Oct 10, 2020 at 10:53 am
Old Oct 10, 2020, 8:14 am

Instead of starting a new thread, thought I'd share a few photos from my second trip since Covid here:

AC 875 (FRA-YUL) on Oct 10:

The meal comprised a starter of smoked salmon and halibut with a quinoa salad, tomato and rocket ravioli, cheese and crackers, and cheesecake.

For comparison, this was my meal on LH 175 (TXL-FRA) this morning:

And the rather sad offering at the Senator Lounge at FRA:

But I'm not complaining. Just seeing this view again was a treat:

The AC Wifi doesn't appear to have fully uploaded your pics to Imgur...
Old Oct 10, 2020, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
The AC Wifi doesn't appear to have fully uploaded your pics to Imgur...
I think it's actually an Imgur issue rather than AC Wifi (this isn't the first time Imgur has been unstable), so I've switched the hosting source. Can you see them now?
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 11:09 am

I think it's actually an Imgur issue rather than AC Wifi (this isn't the first time Imgur has been unstable), so I've switched the hosting source. Can you see them now?
I can! Thanks for sharing. I've avoided AC for long haul since my last experience in June... have another one coming up in a month. The food certainly looks better.
jlimftalk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.