Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

First Time For Everything

First Time For Everything

Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: AA
I do not appreciate the racist and ignorant comment regarding the "Irish Flu". Hate speech like this has no place on this forum.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by TaiwanIndependence
I do not appreciate the racist and ignorant comment regarding the "Irish Flu". Hate speech like this has no place on this forum.
How is that comment racist, let alone hate speech?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by TaiwanIndependence
I'm Irish. I checked with the rest of the gang and it's all good. We certainly don't consider ourselves a race. We also take great pride on our self-deprecating humor. Thanks.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: marketing
my first trip.

As you wrote and I read, my imagination was great.
We hope you have more and more of these apps.
Of course, on numerous trips, all the senses are flight, destination, and general content.
My memory can be quite funny, but I only remember one big sabotage from my first trip.
I was lucky enough to find the rnadz team at a low cost and return home.
Remember it.
Uncle Nonny likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 9:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Finished reading your report. I've enjoyed it (even thought I am Arsenal )
At Bali I've stayed at HGI during our arrival evening. The hotel is not bad. In the morning they have separate area for Chinese tourist for breakfast buffet. Otherwise I can't imagine getting anything to eat.
Then we moved to Conrad. I think that is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at (multiple year Marriott Plat, current Hilton Diamond). The private villas at Conrad are amazing.
We've also enjoyed the island. One day we'll be back at Bali.
Uncle Nonny likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bwiadca
Finished reading your report. I've enjoyed it (even thought I am Arsenal )
At Bali I've stayed at HGI during our arrival evening. The hotel is not bad. In the morning they have separate area for Chinese tourist for breakfast buffet. Otherwise I can't imagine getting anything to eat.
Thanks, bwiadca. I did notice the room off to the side with the chairs reserved. Thought it was a group of very well dressed Japanese ladies attending some sort of convention. As Diamond, we were seated immediately at a reserved table outside, which was great.

Originally Posted by bwiadca
Then we moved to Conrad. I think that is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at (multiple year Marriott Plat, current Hilton Diamond). The private villas at Conrad are amazing.
We've also enjoyed the island. One day we'll be back at Bali.
As I said, it was definitely at the top of my list. I didn't want to pay or redeem for a standard room and not get upgraded. Also, coming from the other side of the world, it was a trip more about seeing and doing than just chilling. Bali has so much to offer, I look forward to going back and finishing my to-do list and maybe carve some beach time out.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: Skymiles Plat/1MM, United Prem, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Such an entertaining TR. Your narrative style is excellent. And some great captions on the adorable monkey photos
Uncle Nonny likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Great report! The concluding paragraphs are just on point...

BTW: Finnair run seems way better than my CX journeys
Uncle Nonny likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Really enjoyed your report, photos, and commentary. What an amazing looking trip. I have often thought of flying Finnair to HEL from JFK to connect to other cities, and this looks like a good option to consider. I would also love to visit Singapore, and go swimming in that iconic pool!

Thank you for sharing!
Uncle Nonny likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 757
Really enjoyed your report, photos, and commentary. What an amazing looking trip. I have often thought of flying Finnair to HEL from JFK to connect to other cities, and this looks like a good option to consider. I would also love to visit Singapore, and go swimming in that iconic pool!

Thank you for sharing!
I was pleased with their service, particularly the eastbound legs. I wouldn't hesitate to fly them again, maybe to BKK next time. Thanks for the kind words.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Loved reading this thanks for the effort.
Uncle Nonny likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

fixed

Last edited by Uncle Nonny; Sep 13, 2019 at 8:13 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.