FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Time For Everything
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2019, 9:43 pm
Uncle Nonny

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by bwiadca
Finished reading your report. I've enjoyed it (even thought I am Arsenal )
At Bali I've stayed at HGI during our arrival evening. The hotel is not bad. In the morning they have separate area for Chinese tourist for breakfast buffet. Otherwise I can't imagine getting anything to eat.
Thanks, bwiadca. I did notice the room off to the side with the chairs reserved. Thought it was a group of very well dressed Japanese ladies attending some sort of convention. As Diamond, we were seated immediately at a reserved table outside, which was great.

Originally Posted by bwiadca
Then we moved to Conrad. I think that is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at (multiple year Marriott Plat, current Hilton Diamond). The private villas at Conrad are amazing.
We've also enjoyed the island. One day we'll be back at Bali.
As I said, it was definitely at the top of my list. I didn't want to pay or redeem for a standard room and not get upgraded. Also, coming from the other side of the world, it was a trip more about seeing and doing than just chilling. Bali has so much to offer, I look forward to going back and finishing my to-do list and maybe carve some beach time out.