Singapore, Bangkok, and a First Class Round the World for the ages

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore, Bangkok, and a First Class Round the World for the ages

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
That was definitely a lot of flying and eating crammed into 4 days!

Thanks for another great TR from you.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
sensational report as usual!
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
* Clapping *
Bravo, bravo. Awesome TR! I'm glad you had such a good experience on TG. Every time I have flown TG F I wonder why more people aren't getting in on the action.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Excellent as ever SFO777 - entertaining commentary and great photos!

Quite a nice end to the trip with American and that magic 5 TP Best wishes from the UK.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, WN, HHonors Diamond, Marriott
Fantastic report, thank you for sharing!!
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Loved this one. The new SQ suites are next on my list when I can get an opportunity to give them a try. They really look fantastic. Excellent report!
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Someone else did a trip report of Gaggan recently and he didn't rate it I think.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
I know envy is one of the 7 deadly sins but its hard not to be envious reading your trip reports.
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Wow! It's been ages since I've been on FT and your trip report continue to amaze. Excellent work. It looks like Air France has stepped their game up a lot in the 5-6 years since I had airline status. That is a pleasant surprise.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Fantastic report SFO many thanks. It has given me a few more goals in life.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:06 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Great TR, SFO777 !
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nequine
That was definitely a lot of flying and eating crammed into 4 days! Thanks for another great TR from you.
Thank you nequine. The most amazing thing to me it that I only gained 2.5 lbs.

Originally Posted by Duck1981
sensational report as usual!
Thanks so much Duck1981.

Originally Posted by Madone59
* Clapping *
Bravo, bravo. Awesome TR! I'm glad you had such a good experience on TG. Every time I have flown TG F I wonder why more people aren't getting in on the action.
Thanks very much Madone59! I really enjoyed TG First. Unfortunately, they seem to be cutting the number of flights with First.

Originally Posted by our_kid
Excellent as ever SFO777 - entertaining commentary and great photos! Quite a nice end to the trip with American and that magic 5 TP Best wishes from the UK.

Thank you our_kid and for your kind comments. That AA flight worked out great, much better than wasting a day flying LAX-SFO-LAX to re-qualify.

Originally Posted by kr777
Fantastic report, thank you for sharing!!
Thanks kr777.

Originally Posted by cmd320
Loved this one. The new SQ suites are next on my list when I can get an opportunity to give them a try. They really look fantastic. Excellent report!
Thanks so much cmd320. I can't wait to fly the SQ suites again but on a much longer flight. PVG-SIN-SYD would be a great option.

Originally Posted by HawaiiTrvlr
I know envy is one of the 7 deadly sins but its hard not to be envious reading your trip reports.
LOL. Thank you very much HawaiiTrvlr.

Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
Wow! It's been ages since I've been on FT and your trip report continue to amaze. Excellent work. It looks like Air France has stepped their game up a lot in the 5-6 years since I had airline status. That is a pleasant surprise.
Thanks so much El_Chiflero for your very kind comments. Air France La Première is the complete package both on the ground and in the air. Overall #1 in the world in my book.

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Fantastic report SFO many thanks. It has given me a few more goals in life.
Originally Posted by 1P
Great TR, SFO777 !
Thank you very much ExpatSomchai and 1P.
nequine likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
Thanks so much cmd320. I can't wait to fly the SQ suites again but on a much longer flight. PVG-SIN-SYD would be a great option.
For sure. I was looking at ZRH-SIN as having somewhat decent availability on the new product. Just need to find a time that works which is the real challenge.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:37 pm

Back up. Why the wait in line for that chicken and rice dish? I'm missing something, because it looks like dry, steamed chicken breast on a bed of equally dry brown rice.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: ShebaMiles
Originally Posted by CHSDOC
Back up. Why the wait in line for that chicken and rice dish? I'm missing something, because it looks like dry, steamed chicken breast on a bed of equally dry brown rice.
Hainanese chicken rice is anything but: the chicken is slowly poached in its own broth, and the (white) rice is a pilaf cooked in some of the broth and chicken fat. It's many things, but dry it certainly is not.
Genius1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.