Good Things Come in 3s - Emirates, Qatar, and Singapore First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Things Come in 3s - Emirates, Qatar, and Singapore First Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2019, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Arriving at LHR T5

Through security and into the lounge. Quite busy today with a lot of people dealing with cancelled flights

In the kid's area

We had a delay ourselves so we ended up with more time in the lounge than anticipated. Once the time came, we gladly left the lounge for boarding. "Business" class indeed

At least the meal was decent

Taking the tram once we arrived in Frankfurt

Then crossing over to the Sheraton

I liked the attention to detail with the plane on the room number markers

The internet speed didn't do me any good since we went to sleep early

But the room was well equipped for a short stay

The club lounge downstairs had some food available, and it was our best option since we were in no mood to find a place to dine

As I mentioned earlier, we were tired and had an early wakeup, so food was taken back to the room from the lounge and we quickly got ready for bed. The next morning, we were out of the hotel by 5:30AM and ready to check-in for our last A380 flight of the trip

We had access to the Lufthansa Senator Lounge

Lounge internet speed was good

We found a comfy looking couch and proceeded to grab some breakfast

View of an A340 from the lounge

Boarding was a bit sub-par as there were multiple lines before boarding was ready. The lines weren't exactly well defined, so we scooted towards the Suites sign, knowing there wouldn't be THAT many F passengers. Unfortunately, the gate agent for the Suites line was too busy chatting up the couple in front of us to notice all the other passengers beginning to stream through to the jet bridge, but we eventually made in on board

PDB champagne

Plugs and ports

Seat and controls

Amenity kit

Menu for the day

Mini-ChongL fell asleep during taxi, and in typical SQ fashion, the FAs preemptively asked if we needed the bed made at the window seat so that my wife wouldn't have to hold him. Once we were airborne and they were able to get out of their jump seats, the FAs immediately went to making sure the bed was made and that we didn't need anything else

I strolled to the port side to help with moving mini-ChongL

The stairway always makes for a good picture

Back at my own seat, I had a glass of Krug

Brunch was up first, and we had pre-ordered the lobster thermidor. Some fruit to start...

Sadly, this dish seems to be less and less impressive each time I have it. The best was a few years ago ex-SIN. Nowadays it tastes bland and underseasoned

I don't even like pecan pie, but got talked into dessert anyway

The little-one woke up and needed some parent proximity, so we had him in the double bed. Once we woke up for breakfast, he had it all to himself, that lucky kid!

Lunch was at the window seat, starting with a pour of whisky

The fish was very tasty

An even better dessert than the last

Awake and curious

And finally on approach to JFK

An EK bird parked at the gate

Until next time, SQ

Unsurprisingly, this was a fantastic flight with the very personable SQ hospitality. Although the cabin is rather dated, it is still extremely comfortable and spacious, especially with the double bed. At the end of the trip, the Mrs. and I both agreed that despite EK's large advantage in hard product and novel amenities like the shower in the sky, SQ is unbeaten in the overall package thanks to their flawless execution. As I've said in previous reports, the class and the way the SQ crew carry themselves leave them in a league above the rest. Our needs were anticipated and hardly anything that was done was reactionary. It goes without saying that I'm looking forward to the next time we have the opportunity to fly with such an amazing airline.

After stopping at JFK, I won't bore you all with the domestic legs home to Los Angeles. I will say this is my longest and most comprehensive trip report ever, with ~1500 images. It definitely drained me, and at times I struggled to see myself being able to finish it off. But yet, here we are, at the conclusion of an epic trip that added to an every-growing catalog of memories. For those who have continued to read through all the sparse and infrequent updates, thanks for following along on our journey. Signing off, ChongL.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
Good things definitely come in threes - porchetta, pizza and gelato! Thanks for sharing your amazing trip - fantastic pics as always chongl . 🙂
Old Nov 9, 2019, 8:56 pm

Great photos and TR as usual!
Old Dec 17, 2019, 2:21 pm

Nice TR.
Were the EK flights award redemptions?
Old Dec 20, 2019, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by injian
Good things definitely come in threes - porchetta, pizza and gelato! Thanks for sharing your amazing trip - fantastic pics as always chongl . 🙂
Thanks again, injian

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Great photos and TR as usual!
Thank you for following this and the JL report

Originally Posted by KSMH612
Nice TR.
Were the EK flights award redemptions?
Yes, award redemptions
Old Dec 20, 2019, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by chongl
Thanks again, injian

Thank you for following this and the JL report

Yes, award redemptions

How did you pay for infant, 10% of cash, miles? Award program?
Thanx
Old Dec 21, 2019, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KSMH612
How did you pay for infant, 10% of cash, miles? Award program?
Thanx
10% of cash
Old Dec 22, 2019, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by chongl
10% of cash
Thanx for info.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 11:38 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA,UA,DL,BA,HH,*W,BW
chongl
What specific tour did you do in the Vatican? We have an upcoming trip with family, to Rome. The tour that I did in the past was the Vatican Gardens, and the Vatican museum was on our own. But for my family members, I want to not have to be the guide. I would rather they be guided by someone else, so I just tag a long.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by not2017
chongl
What specific tour did you do in the Vatican? We have an upcoming trip with family, to Rome. The tour that I did in the past was the Vatican Gardens, and the Vatican museum was on our own. But for my family members, I want to not have to be the guide. I would rather they be guided by someone else, so I just tag a long.
Hi not2017, we did Walks of Italy for the Vatican
not2017 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 10:15 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Thank you so much for all the work in posting. What a fantastic trip! I am very jealous and your son is a cutie; I wonder how all this travelling will effect his life.
Much appreciation, and may I say love as I feel I have gotten to know you and your family.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.