Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Two Days in Guatemala

Two Days in Guatemala

Old Mar 16, 19, 8:34 pm

Programs: Priority Club (Platinum)
Looks like a great trip - great photos too. I noticed a lack of other tourists in the pictures - was that just good shooting or were sites just not that busy?
Old Mar 18, 19, 1:30 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Thank you for sharing this trip! The pictures were gorgeous. I spent about 12 hrs in Antigua in 2016 and the architecture blew me away. I love all of the color down there. This made me want to go back. When we were leaving Guatemala City, we whitnessed someone get shot in the middle of the street probably 30 minutes after we landed. It put quite a damper on things but Antigua made us forget about all of that.
Old Mar 20, 19, 10:36 pm

Thanks for sharing some great photos
Old Mar 22, 19, 10:46 am

A British tourist (young lady) recently disappeared at Lake Atitlan. Beautiful country.
Old Mar 26, 19, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fotographer View Post
what a wonderful trip..... its looks wonderful
Thanks, indeed, it was a great - but short - trip.

Originally Posted by iaflyer View Post
Looks like a great trip - great photos too. I noticed a lack of other tourists in the pictures - was that just good shooting or were sites just not that busy?
A mix of both. I typically avoid the large tourists crowds but I'll also wait for a gap when taking a picture if it's within reason. Antigua is a large draw for tourists in Central America, so you're not alone when visiting.

Originally Posted by jackvogt View Post
Thank you for sharing this trip! The pictures were gorgeous. I spent about 12 hrs in Antigua in 2016 and the architecture blew me away. I love all of the color down there. This made me want to go back. When we were leaving Guatemala City, we whitnessed someone get shot in the middle of the street probably 30 minutes after we landed. It put quite a damper on things but Antigua made us forget about all of that.
That would've been shocking, but unfortunately something that can happen anywhere, especially in Central America. I'm glad Antigua helped ease the feelings.

Originally Posted by SQTraveller View Post
Thanks for sharing some great photos
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Bretteee View Post
A British tourist (young lady) recently disappeared at Lake Atitlan. Beautiful country.
Unfortunate. Lake Atitlan looks awesome and you'd think it wouldn't be as prone to crime as the larger cities.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: