Wiki Posts
Search

Bern, Berlin, and Bbbbrrrrr! Crossing the northernmost border in the world

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:30 pm

lovely TR as usual-I always enjoy the UA commentary
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels

My favourite resto in Geneva next door to Starbucks - Cafe de Paris - on the right of the picture. No menu choice, just entrecote and herb butter with frites and green salad. Always had a great meal there. Just got back from Namibia, so I think that I will recreate that on Saturday evening for dinner.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by roadwarrier
My favourite resto in Geneva next door to Starbucks - Cafe de Paris - on the right of the picture. No menu choice, just entrecote and herb butter with frites and green salad. Always had a great meal there. Just got back from Namibia, so I think that I will recreate that on Saturday evening for dinner.
Awesome, thanks for the recommendation. I'm there at least 3-4 times a year now, so good to have somewhere yummy to go!
wrp96 and roadwarrier like this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Great TR as usual ironmanjt! I enjoyed your pictures and commentary very much. Thanks for sharing.
ironmanjt likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Thanks, JT ^ This report was well worth the time spent perusing it. That it was also inspirational was an added bonus!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Thanks, JT ^ This report was well worth the time spent perusing it. That it was also inspirational was an added bonus!
Hey many thanks! That's high praise coming from you!

I really enjoyed your recent report on the collectables show. When I was a kid and mom worked for an airline, I had a huge collection of those pin-on wings, playing cards, and bag tags. I should ask mom what she did with all of that!
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:37 am

I flew United from Geneva to Washington in economy about 10 years ago and the meal was exactly like on Swiss which was a nice surprise. Wonderful pictures thanks. We screwed up with Tempelhof. We went on a Sunday afternoon and it was closed. We saw only the memorial; a waste of time, so your pictures were very interesting. As to the graffiti in Geneva, it's not the same city it was in the past unfortunately. I lived there from the 60s' to the 2000s'. I also noticed a lot of graffiti in Berlin on buildings

It seems complicated to get a visa for Russia? You need to get an invitation?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
First of all, it's time for some mea culpas. I've been a bit missing in action for the better part of the last year. Done a bit better keeping up on my blog, but 2018 was such a heavy travel year that I let a lot of things slip...like writing full-on trip reports.
You are forgiven......this time Another awesome TR - thanks for braving the cold and sharing.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bretteee
It seems complicated to get a visa for Russia? You need to get an invitation?
Yes, an invitation is needed for the Russian visa. Many hotels are willing to issue you a support letter for a tourist visa. I have a long-term visa so I'm not sure how hard it is these days.

Originally Posted by Madone59
You are forgiven......this time Another awesome TR - thanks for braving the cold and sharing.
Haha, high praise coming from you! I have one more write-up (that is more AvGeek than destination) I'll share this week, and then the next biggie is coming next week:

Amtrak Acela First
Norwegian Premium on an ex-SQ A330 (new airline for me)
Eurostar Business Premier (new product for me)
TunisAir A330 Business (new product for me)
Emirates First on 777 and A380
Qantas First on A380 (new product for me - QF F)
Qantas Business on A330, A330, 737
Thai First on 747
Cathay Pacific Business on A350-1000 (new aircraft for me)
EVA Hello Kitty service for 2 segments in Business on 777 (new airline + product for me)
sAAd last leg home...
Hoyaheel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.