Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chișinău To Odessa

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bodory
Fascinating as always. It is such a pleasure to read your reports DanielW!

From your pictures, the Black Sea really deserves its name!
Many thanks, bodory, yes the Black Sea definitely looked a little murkier than the Mediterranean.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 6:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Was it difficult navigating and ordering things only speaking English? In my travels to Romania and Ukraine I found it difficult to communicate in English with anyone over 40 or 45.

I'm surprised there weren't issues with a drone. Did the police hassle you? Though I suppose a spy wouldn't actually carry a drone.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Jun 25, 2018 at 6:16 am
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Was it difficult navigating and ordering things only speaking English? In my travels to Romania and Ukraine I found it difficult to communicate in English with anyone over 40 or 45.

I'm surprised there weren't issues with a drone. Did the police hassle you? Though I suppose a spy wouldn't actually carry a drone.
I had to resort to gestures and pointing to maps on my phone etc. when buying my marshrutka ticket and a few other occasions but nothing insurmountable.

No issues with the drone, although it's (Mavic Pro) fairly small and discrete and not too conspicuous.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: Qantas FF Bronze
Fantastic photos & especially liked the photos of the lighthouse at Odessa.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mike777
Fantastic photos & especially liked the photos of the lighthouse at Odessa.
Thank you, mike777. While researching for the trip the lighthouse was one of things I wanted to check out and I was glad I did.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 5:46 am

Programs: Lufthansa SEN, Bonvoy LT TE, SIXT Diamond, AVIS President, HERTZ President
Originally Posted by DanielW
Thank you, econometrics. Yes, Odessa is a lovely European city, especially with its location on the Black Sea. Would love to head back for a longer visit in summer, and see the Arkadia area and other things I missed.
Even your trip has been some time back, thanks for the nice photos of my hometown (Odessa).

I've to say that even I don't like Odessa in winter, it's cold, windy, grey and quite boring. In summer (May to middle of October) it's the opposite, sunny, warm, with many restaurants on the street, lots of parts and many, many tourists.

So welcome back in summer !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.