Reload this Page >

Two studs do New York - BA First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two studs do New York - BA First Class

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Keens!
Old Feb 4, 2018, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by ss278
Ah... Keen's. One of my favorite places anywhere. I've been going there for over forty years, they never disappoint. And the pipes? Hundreds? Not quite, I believe at last count there were 60,000-plus. Great report, look forward to the rest!
Oh wow! I was being WAY conservative then! Love that you have been going there for over 40 years! I'll definitely look it up next time I'm in town!

Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Keens!
^
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I love 230 on 5th, it is very popular with crew and somewhere I head too on most trips.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I love 230 on 5th, it is very popular with crew and somewhere I head too on most trips.
It's a great wee place, isn't it? We went back during the day on the Sunday and it was nice seeing everything in the daylight.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Fantastic photos there and LOL at your photobomber Loved the close up ones of Lady Liberty - we bypassed getting off there on our last visit to NYC in favour of spending more time at Ellis Island which was fantastic but very moving.

What like is the view from the Marriott revolving restaurant? That's where I am booked into for our stay and going to book a table for the revolving restaurant when the dates open for our stay there.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nequine

What like is the view from the Marriott revolving restaurant? That's where I am booked into for our stay and going to book a table for the revolving restaurant when the dates open for our stay there.
The view is good - there's like a double set of windows though so there's reflection at night time in the glass. You will get a decent view during the day!
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:37 pm

Cheers

The plan at the moment is to go about 6.30 so we see sunset.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Another day and some more great weather. We took a walk to Central Park and spent a few hours wandering around.

The lake was frozen over!

And I made a wee friend who was very timid indeed

That massive steak last night thankfully didn't mean that I fell through the ice!

I then heard some music playing and decided to follow the sound and see what was happening. Turns out that there was the Women's March going on. It was basically a protest against Donald Trump and the fact that he seems to have so many anti-women policies. Stud 2 left me to go see one of his friends so I decided to take part in the protest march! It was great fun and I got talking to a load of people who were profusely apologising for the fact that Donny is the President. There was a brass band playing tunes (my personal favourite was "Hit the Road, Trump, don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more, hit the road, Trump, don't you come back no more!). Some pics....

And my personal favourite.....

I then walked back through Central Park and made my way to Grand Central Station for a look around.

I was surprised how calm Grand Central was. There were loads of people milling around but there was hardly any noise. I took a wander down to the food court bit and grabbed a beer and then came back up and settled into a bar and engaged in some people watching for a while.

We met up again at Times Square and managed to get some tickets to Avenue Q that evening.

And then after wandering around, we found some more placards....

LOL

Carfield likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:30 pm

How nice. Well done. Back in NY tomorrow.
which Burger place did you go to in HK? Used to have a condo there.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Nice signs
Glensea, stevie and lostinlondon like this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Petrus
How nice. Well done. Back in NY tomorrow.
which Burger place did you go to in HK? Used to have a condo there.
5 Napkin Burger - was great!

Originally Posted by offerendum
Nice signs
^
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

We were then off to the Empire State Building. I was told that it's good to do in the evening so that you can see the city lights and Rockefeller Centre is good to do during the day so you actually get a view of the Empire State Building. I wanted to catch sunset so we had a quick walk down and thankfully didn't have to wait in the queue for long before we were up in the elevator and out to the viewing platform.

This was my favourite part of this trip. The sunset was absolutely spectacular. I will apologise now for the number of pics of the same view but the colours were just something else. I managed to FaceTime family from the top of the Empire State to show them the sunset and they absolutely loved it!

Heyyyyy Flat Iron! Not seen you yet!

[img]"https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4670/40105333702_1c7bec718b_c.jpg[/img]

Hoping this panorama posts OK.....

I spy with my little eye......

Coming up to the finale of the sunset.....

I mean, that was just something else. To be in New York and see that sunset from one of the most famous buildings in the world was so special. I was absolutely bloody freezing standing outside but I didn't want to go inside and miss anything!

Anyway, there's not much from the evening...... we went to Avenue Q which was amazing and then started here.......

And I can't really show much more of that night in fear of getting suspended for breaching numerous rules.......
SK, Fritz and choosethedrew like this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:48 pm

Fantastic photos! And wow at your sunset ones too and you can never have enough fantastic photos!!!

Love the placards though!
roadwarrier likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold
Sunset from the top of the Empire State... it never gets old!
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
superb pictures of the skyline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.