Wiki Posts
Search

An unusual hotel in Antigua

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by T8191

Never tried Air bnb ... probably all severely non-smoking

I do recommend exploring BA Holidays - they have some interesting options at times.
Ahh the dreaded 'non smoking' - I gave up in 2005 so I have a bit of leeway in that respect ^
I'm all for a bit of impulse booking - thats how MrD and I ended up in Tokyo complete with air bnb .
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HIDDY
An enjoyable read. ^
Many's the night I've slept in a garden shed although none of mine ever had electricity or plumbing never mind a double bed and curtains....yours looked positively luxurious to me.
Glad the background music stopped, that would have made me go ballistic.
Cheers, HIDDY. iWife has never sent me to sleep in the garden shed, so I have no personal point of reference!
Yes, the background music was that heavy bass sound that vibrated the walls! Unfortunately the source was about 500 yards away, and we were on the 'exposed' hillside facing it. I have no idea what damage the volume must have done to the hearing those who were 'enjoying' it.
But ... only for a couple of nights, then relative peace

Originally Posted by missdimeaner
Ahh the dreaded 'non smoking' - I gave up in 2005 so I have a bit of leeway in that respect ^
I'm all for a bit of impulse booking - thats how MrD and I ended up in Tokyo complete with air bnb .
We were close to impulsive an hour or so ago, heading for Jamaica! We just need to refine the flight times
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:04 am
Community Director Emerita

aaaaaaah, kittens.

You write wonderful reports, great fun to travel along.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
aaaaaaah, kittens.

You write wonderful reports, great fun to travel along.
Bless you, Ma'am ... and Kittens are always a winner
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Great trip report Uncle T - yet another destination of yours to add to my to do list!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlisonB84
Great trip report Uncle T - yet another destination of yours to add to my to do list!
Thanks ^

These things have to be done while I still have time. All the planning, execution and the eventual experience prevents me from getting severely old and supine
Just grateful we have the liquidity and health to keep doing it ... for now.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
A great read!
The chicken is not appealing.. For the afternoon tea, I'm still puzzled on why the club sandwich must be served wrapped!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Thanks for taking the time to compile and write this. Its a thourghly good read from end to end and I for one appreciate you producing it immensely.

happy travels..
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by milesaddict
A great read!
The chicken is not appealing.. For the afternoon tea, I'm still puzzled on why the club sandwich must be served wrapped!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Thanks! Chicken x 2 was fairly dull, but then we know what BA Beef is like! Somehow AA seems able to make it edible! I guess they keep the sandwiches wrapped for freshness, but it does nothing for the presentation for 'premium' passengers
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Thanks for taking the time to compile and write this. Its a thourghly good read from end to end and I for one appreciate you producing it immensely.
happy travels..
Glad you enjoyed it! I firmly believe in producing feedback on our random wanderings ... someone on FT may find them useful, or at least entertaining!
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
When I read your Report I thought: Ahhhh, what a beach! I have to go. My girlfriend would say: Ahhhh! Kittens! I have to go
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:37 am

Great stuff Uncle T.See you in JER.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by offerendum
When I read your Report I thought: Ahhhh, what a beach! I have to go. My girlfriend would say: Ahhhh! Kittens! I have to go
... you should start exploring BA Holidays, although I see COCOs is not listed for Feb 18 ex-BER

Originally Posted by rapidex
Great stuff Uncle T.See you in JER.
Thank you, Sir. Less than 3 weeks to go!!
Old Jun 26, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Great trip report! Really got my attention for the hotel. But very hard to get C tickets on AA miles I saw. O well...I'll just look at your pictures
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Great report - and good snaps

My recent JER->LGW->TPA was easy as anything even with a bus and going landside, still managed a couple of cigs and a champagne Breakfast in the 1.5 hours. I quite like LGW now long haul experience now - the old IFE doesn't bother me and the rest of the CW service / food is much as a muchness and close to LHR if you have status
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
Great trip report! Really got my attention for the hotel. But very hard to get C tickets on AA miles I saw. O well...I'll just look at your pictures
Thanks! I have considered using AA ex-DUB to the Caribbean, for the Tier Points, but the timings looked dreadful!
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Great report - and good snaps

My recent JER->LGW->TPA was easy as anything even with a bus and going landside, still managed a couple of cigs and a champagne Breakfast in the 1.5 hours. I quite like LGW now long haul experience now - the old IFE doesn't bother me and the rest of the CW service / food is much as a muchness and close to LHR if you have status
Cheers! ^
We can cope with LGW l/h, apart from the endless uncertainty about which airframe. Dreadful IFE, though, which is why Kindle was invented

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.