NRT-LHR ANA's new F class trip report with photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NRT-LHR ANA's new F class trip report with photos

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2003, 11:07 am
Patron

Thank you for taking the time to create such an informative trip report. Your pictures, elaborated comments and observations are very interesting.

Old Jan 24, 2003, 11:25 am

Immensely enjoyable and appreciated.
Can't wait for trip with NH First this
spring!! Thank you so much.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Fabulous report!! Thanks so much for taking the time and energy to help those of us not (yet!) fortunate enough to fly this route, plane, whatever,,,,to feel as though we HAVE!
Best wishes.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I gotta git me one a them digitul camera thangs!

What kind do you use, Terence? I've got a big bulky 35mm Nikon 6006AF which is great for outdoor stuff, tripods, etc. but it'd be nice to have something smaller for the purposes of quicker work in the comparatively tight quarters of an aircraft cabin. Anyone have any recommendations? (Under $300.00, if possible)

[This message has been edited by Seat 2A (edited 01-24-2003).]
Old Jan 24, 2003, 6:06 pm

Stong work!
Greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Old Jan 24, 2003, 6:41 pm

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
thanks for another great report... so good to read you.
Old Jan 27, 2003, 2:29 pm

Nice report, with nice photos, I will try ANA next time !
Old Jan 27, 2003, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Thanks for the wonderful trip report, tfung! As for falling asleep prior to takeoff, I recall reading that it was due to a lack of oxygen. Not enough to actually suffocate anyone, but enough to cause you to feel sleepy. After pushback but before takeoff, the aircraft is just taxiing along pretty slowly, and the blowers are switched off. After takeoff, air is forced into the cabin by the sheer speed of the plane.

Perhaps someone familiar with civil aviation tech can say whether I'm right.
Old Jan 27, 2003, 11:15 pm

I found your comments about the food interesting. I just flew ANA in F (old F seats) for the first time NRT-SFO last week, and had the exact same menu that you did.

After hearing so many wonderful things about the exquisite food in ANA F, I, too, was somewhat disappointed. Perhaps it was just a bad menu this month, and things will be better in the future? I mean, it certainly wasn't bad, but was not leagues above the Obento meal I had on UA in F going over SFO-NRT the previous week. One nice this was that they let me have the caviar course from the western menu, then the whole rest of the Japanese menu. In addition, the UA F lounge in NRT was, surprisingly, much, much better than the ANA F lounge. Service on ANA was very fine, but it was on UA as well, though admittedly this UA flight was far better than any I had been on in the past few years.

Overall, being on ANA was a great experience, but until ANA updates their F seats on their 777s, I think I'll stick with UA on that route for the better seats.
Old Jan 28, 2003, 2:01 am

No doubt, an excellent report. The pictures add life to it, making me feel like I'm the passenger sitting next to you :-).

Although I don't fly first class (because my preferred airline's premium product is a mix of first and business class), I too get that blaise feeling you had during the meal service. It's like you've flown the premium product so many times, you already know what the meal service and quality are like, and end up getting bored at the over all experience.

You're not alone on that one...
Old Jan 31, 2003, 11:53 am

Faaaaaaaaaaaaantastic report. Thanks. All my Japanese friends switched to ANA from JAL when they started flying international routes.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 4:00 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Terence -

Great report.

You ask about going to sleep before/during take-off. It always happens to me too. I think that as soon as they pressurize the cabin (which they normally do during taxi-ing) I'm away. Normally wake up either as we're lifting off or a couple of thousand feet up. Don't know why pressurization should have that effect on you, but I can't think what else it can be.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 5:41 pm

Great Report!!

Love the pictures!!

At least I get to see what I otherwise would never get to see!

Wish I could write as good as you do and take all those wonderful pictures! (I'm just a tad shy when I try to take plane/or lounge pictures.)

Thanks again!!

------------------
SFnFlaGuy
Old Jan 31, 2003, 9:51 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Terence,

You Da Man!
Old Feb 4, 2003, 4:00 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Unbelievable report, thanks tfung!!
Can I be extremey picky?...your photos are a touch blur. Is this because of the camera or you have used a very low resolution so the pics load quickly on your web page?

------------------
kpc

[This message has been edited by kpc (edited 02-04-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.