FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NRT-LHR ANA's new F class trip report with photos
Old Jan 27, 2003, 11:15 pm
Excalibur

I found your comments about the food interesting. I just flew ANA in F (old F seats) for the first time NRT-SFO last week, and had the exact same menu that you did.

After hearing so many wonderful things about the exquisite food in ANA F, I, too, was somewhat disappointed. Perhaps it was just a bad menu this month, and things will be better in the future? I mean, it certainly wasn't bad, but was not leagues above the Obento meal I had on UA in F going over SFO-NRT the previous week. One nice this was that they let me have the caviar course from the western menu, then the whole rest of the Japanese menu. In addition, the UA F lounge in NRT was, surprisingly, much, much better than the ANA F lounge. Service on ANA was very fine, but it was on UA as well, though admittedly this UA flight was far better than any I had been on in the past few years.

Overall, being on ANA was a great experience, but until ANA updates their F seats on their 777s, I think I'll stick with UA on that route for the better seats.