Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Great Autumn Mileage Run of 2002

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2002, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MCIFlyer:
Great report! Read every bit of it, because I travel quite a bit on NW and through MEM. One question: Aside from looking at the back of the plane, is there any other method of logging the N-numbers off NW jets? I also log all my flights, (including equipment and N-numbers) but sometimes I find it difficult to identify the correct number of the jet when it is dark or parked at an odd angle at the jetway. CO displays their #'s on the cockpit door, while US displays it in a tag over the entry door. Any such locations for NW? Look forward to more of your reports.....</font>
There are a couple of different ways to get the N-Number if you can't read it off the airplane.

First, check the nose wheel doors. Northwest 757-200 N513US has a Fleet Number of 5513 painted on the nose wheel door. It's then a simple deduction to figure that the a/c N-Number must be N513US. On the other hand, American 757-200 N644AA has a fleet number of 5BP on it's nose wheel. Huh? Whaaat?! How would you possible figure that airplane is N644AA?

The place to check if you're not sure is

http://www.jetairliners.com

It's a French site but very easy to figure out. Click on Production Lists, then on the aircraft manufacturer, then on the aircraft type. Fleet numbers are listed, along with things like aircraft names, tail colors, etc. so you've alot of ways to match up that elusive N-Number.

If you can't see the nose wheel door, Northwest usually also has their blue sanitation certificate posted in the forward galley. This certificate includes the N-Number. However, I'm not sure where they post their airworthiness certificate. Possibly inside the cockpit door...

As a last resort, you could always ask the pilot as you're disembarking.

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by Seat 2A (edited 10-21-2002).]
Old Oct 23, 2002, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Bravo Zulu on another great trip report!

Given how much time one can spend just reading FlyerTalk, I don't think anyone begrudges you living the earthbound portion of your life doing the things you need to do rather than telling us about them.

Thanks very much for all that you do share.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.