Reload this Page >

Must do and don't bothers on Kauai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Must do and don't bothers on Kauai

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2001, 2:24 am

On Kauai, we dress up by putting on a clean t-shirt and "Sunday" flipflops. The only time I seem to wear real shoes is when I leave the island.

For dinner at a nice place like A.P.C., all you need is a nice island style shirt and nicer shorts. For woman, the same, or a nice island style wrap or dress. Islandwear.

When you launch that Maxfli, aim for the tarp on the back of the house (it's actually beige, the roof tiles are greenish) .. a rooster decided to mate with the window, and I'm waiting to get tempered glass shipped over from the mainland.

You'll see when you tee off .. you have to be really really bad to hit our house. It's almost a right angle from the hardest and mid-level tee. Fortunately, the easy tee is nowhere near the house.

The Kountry Kitchen is that little place in Kapaa that used to be next to Two Frogs Hugging (the teak furniture store), right? Perhaps I should give it another chance .. we tried it from lunch and both Teresa and I were overwhelmed by the smell of grease.

-David
Old Apr 15, 2001, 4:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally posted by LIH Prem:
The Kountry Kitchen is that little place in Kapaa that used to be next to Two Frogs Hugging (the teak furniture store), right? Perhaps I should give it another chance .. we tried it from lunch and both Teresa and I were overwhelmed by the smell of grease.
-David
David:

Yes, the Kountry Kitchen is in Kapaa but I can't say what used to be next to it. The link in my first post under this topic will take you to a web page with the address. I hope you will give it another shot and let us know your impressions; it would be good to have a more recent "review."

Thanks,

Bill
Old Apr 15, 2001, 5:13 pm

If you are getting tired of the beach, head to Joe's on the Green near Poipu for great breakfasts and lunches, they have a weekly dinner service, which was also nice. Its simple food, but well priced and tasty.

For activities, allow me to add Tunnels beach on the North Shore for snorkelling.
Old Apr 22, 2001, 9:29 pm

April 21 — A Kauai vacation is like our golf games — way above par. We never want to leave at the end of a Hawaiian trip, but this feeling is particularly acute when we visit Hawaii’s northernmost island.
http://www.msnbc.com/news/561157.asp
Old Jul 26, 2001, 10:52 pm
DH

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bbinchi:
Don't believe anyone has mentioned the banana pancakes at the Kountry Kitchen restaurant in Kapaa. They are wonderful!
http://www.hiohwy.com/k/kounkitc.htm
</font>
Tip Top (Motel) Cafe in Lihue has excellent banana-macadamia nut pancakes! I'll try Kountry Kitchen next time I visit Kauai.

P.S. For inexpensive excellent seafood, check out Mama's Fish Express acrose from Wilcox Hospital and WalMart in Lihue...

------------------
ValueConsumer.com Home of Tripple Dipping Online Shopping
Old Jul 27, 2001, 10:03 pm

Try Bubba's Burgers in Kapaa! A little taste of Texas, right in the middle of the Pacific!

Spouting horn by Poipu was great, just a few small shops there as well.

Main thing, rent a car and just drive. The island is beautiful, and a welcome change if you are coming from Oahu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.