Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANY INFO ABOUT "NATIONAL AIRLINES"?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2001, 10:33 am
Original Poster

ANY INFO ABOUT "NATIONAL AIRLINES"?

HI everybody. i'm planning on flying to Los Angelos from JFK and the cheapest airfare i found was through National Airlines for $140 each way.
Does anyone have any experiences with them?
Any info is much appreciated!
Thanks.

Rostik
Old Jul 19, 2001, 11:01 am

rostik_b -- Welcome to the Board!

Check these threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/001585.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/001220.html
Old Jul 19, 2001, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
rostik_b: Welcome to FlyerTalk! You might get additional replies if you take a look at the National Airlines forum - and post a question there.

You may also want to search the Trip Reports forum for any reference to National as I recall that some of the folks (IIRC, QuietLion and Carfield are the 2 that spring to mind) here have travelled on National. Unfortuantely, National has sought the protection of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code - and that may impact service (must cut costs somewhere).

Also, bear in mind that you'll be flying through Las Vegas to LAX (don't know if your flight is a one-stop or a connection).

[This message has been edited by CLTFlyer (edited 07-19-2001).]
Old Jul 20, 2001, 12:11 am
Original Member

I rank it tops for domestic service. Lots of room in coach, friendly, good on-time record, good prices, free stopovers in Vegas, can upgrade for cash.
Old Jul 20, 2001, 6:50 am

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QuietLion:
... can upgrade for cash.</font>
I had heard they discontinued the cash upgrade recently - somewhere on this board - possibly a trip report.
Old Jul 23, 2001, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Make sure you join their FF program. I did, and got a comp upgrade as "one of their frequent customers" on my 1st ever flight segment with them. (Coach was oversold).
Old Jul 23, 2001, 8:08 pm

I too will be taking the JFK-LAS flight in August. Won some First Class Tickets at a charity silent auction.

One bad thing is VERY FEW of the 757's have been equipped with Video screens for movies.

I hope they still are in business next month as the bankruptcy actions are still pending.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.