Wiki Posts
Search

iah-nrt co fl. 007 6/28/01

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2001, 1:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

iah-nrt co fl. 007 6/28/01

I ORIGINALLY HAD 32 J AS A SEAT ASSIGNMENT BEFORE I BOARDED I TOLD THE CONCIERGE JUST IN CASE THEY NEEDED A SEAT I
WOULD BE WILLING TO VOLUNTEER. SHE WROTE MY
SEAT AND GOLD ELITE STATUS AS I DIDN'T TELL
HER OF THAT FIGURING THEY HERE PEOPLE BRAG
ALL THE TIME. I HAVE READ THROUGH MANY WAYS
PEOPLE GET UPGRADED AND FOUND THIS WAY WORKS BEST. SO I SIT IN 32 J WHEN F.A. SAYS WE NEED A SEAT BECAUSE A COUPLE WANTED TO SIT TOGETHER AND WOULD NOT MOVE. SO THIS PASS. WAS GOING TO GET UPGRADED BUT HE WAS WEARING JEANS AND HAPPENED TO BE GOLD LIKE MY SELF.
SO I GOT UPG. BECAUSE I WAS IN A SUIT. BEFORE THE CONCIERGE EVEN HAD TO GET ME.
I WAS WHISKED AWAY TO SEAT 10L, I HAD A VERY COOL SEATMATE FROM JAPAN . WE BOTH GOT THE BENTO BOX FOR DINNER AND BREAKFAST. I SAY SHAME ON PEOPLE FOR THE WESTERN MEAL. BENTO IS NOT ONLY GOOD AND FILLING YOU WON'T GET FAT ON IT, TRUST ME. MYSELF AND TANAKA FELT THE SERVICE WAS RUSHED MORE THAN ANY PREM. SERVICE FROM ANY CARRIER I HAVE BEEN ON. NOW I AM VERY THANKFUL FOR THE INTL UPGRADES I AM BATTING CLOSE TO .500 WITH CO. I AM A 24 KID WHO WORKS FOR A GERMAN CONSULTING FIRM AND WHEN ON BUSINESS I LWAYS BUY PAID J OR F. I LIKE CONTINENTAL DOM. UPGR. AND TAKE MY CHANCES INTL. WHICH IS CRAZY FOR MOST OF YOU BUT I AM A RISK TAKER. ANYWAY IF USING MILES I SUGGEST AVOIDING ROW 10 BECAUSE THE SEATS HAVE LESS RECLINE. MY RATINGS OF THE FLIGHT: COMFORT
85% , FOOD 90% SERVICE 90% AMBIENCE 75%. IF YOU WANT B.A. OR SQ FLAIR
IT AINT HAPPENING IF YOU GET IT COMPED OR UPGR. GREAT. PERSONALLY SAVE YOUR MILES FOR
VIRGIN J 2000 SEATS LHR - SFO
PERFECT. ANYWAY FLIGHT WAS ON TIME MADE SOME BUSINESS CONNECTIONS HAD FUN WATCHED MOVIES DRANK SAKE. AND ATE ALL THE APPETIZERS
AND TWO SUNAES YUMMY. AND BY THE WAY I USED A BUMP VOUCHER FOR THIS TRIP . COST O BUCKS
GETTING UPGRADED THREE DAYS AFTER YOUR B-DAY : PRICELESS
Old Jul 22, 2001, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
Thanks for the report - but please, in the future please switch off the Caps Lock button when posting - it has the effect of shouting. Thanks.
Old Jul 22, 2001, 2:22 pm

Thanks for the trip report and congratulations for the upgrade! I won't bother to restate what CLTFlyer since he said it in an excellent manner!
Old Jul 22, 2001, 5:35 pm

Programs: CO
I was on the same flight 6/30/01 and returned on the 4th of July except took the nonstop to EWR, as I could get on a connection that got me home earlier. I agree, the service was rushed. I barely got to finish the appetizer or salad before they were bringing out the next course.

[This message has been edited by nikbruno (edited 07-22-2001).]
Old Jul 22, 2001, 7:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

i'll tell what really upset me is that my
seatmate wife was not allowed to sit by
him. i am thankful that i got upgraded but i would have sat somewhere else in bf since coach was full. he paid full fare business class and she couldn't even sit and chat. if i paid full fare 30 times a year on nrt to usa long hauls and not have my wife not sit with me of course without the service i would be mad. but then i paid zero with the voucher tpa-sin rountrip 80,000 miles earned
with gold bonus bf bonus double mile bonus not so bad for a 25 year old newbie eh.
Old Jul 23, 2001, 7:13 am

Programs: CO
What BusinessFirst bonus are you talking about? You only get that for buying full fare and or some Z class fares. ?????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.