Wiki Posts
Search

Back To Southern Africa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:54 am

Awesome trip report.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Great report and beautiful photos as usual, Daniel. Thank you for sharing! South Africa is definitely a place I'd love to visit.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:57 pm
Community Director Emerita

I've no idea how I missed this wonderful report til now. It was a pleasure to read. We did some of the same drive in reverse. We had the pleasure of visiting with Ted Reilly for a couple hours while staying at Reilly's Rock Hilltop Lodge, the family home being run as a hotel. He had returned for the Christmas holidays. It was just him and us, a very special time. We learned a lot about the challenges of poaching, and also had fun discussing John Wayne staying there while filming Hatari.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Deds1
Awesome trip report.
Thank you, Deds1.
Originally Posted by 757
Great report and beautiful photos as usual, Daniel. Thank you for sharing! South Africa is definitely a place I'd love to visit.
Thanks, 757, yes, South Africa is a great place to visit and get a good taste of Africa, especially with the rand so low at the moment.
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've no idea how I missed this wonderful report til now. It was a pleasure to read. We did some of the same drive in reverse. We had the pleasure of visiting with Ted Reilly for a couple hours while staying at Reilly's Rock Hilltop Lodge, the family home being run as a hotel. He had returned for the Christmas holidays. It was just him and us, a very special time. We learned a lot about the challenges of poaching, and also had fun discussing John Wayne staying there while filming Hatari.
Many thanks, SanDiego1K. It must have been a great experience meeting Ted Reilly, he seems like a very genuine and inspirational man, to have achieved so much where many others have failed. Interesting to know John Wayne visited this part of the world too!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:00 pm

Daniel, this is amazing. Have you considered printing photo books? Your photos are excellent.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DiMAn0684
Daniel, this is amazing. Have you considered printing photo books? Your photos are excellent.
Thank you, DiMAn0684. Just have my website at the moment. Just passed 100 countries though so may be good have something hard copy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.