Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Back to Cleveland for an amazing night in the Center of the Sports Universe!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Back to Cleveland for an amazing night in the Center of the Sports Universe!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2016, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Thanks for the report, SFO777. I have no idea about the sport you watched, but it seemed like most people (at least those on the winning side) were enjoying themselves!

Those old UA Clubs at LAX and CLE are fairly underwhelming places. Their new Polaris concept looks pretty swish though for a business class product.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Garvey6

Best part is that I dont think CLE has seen that many private planes before ever. We flew into Burke lakefront and it was a madhouse of birds. Leaving after the game was complete cluster. Storms came in and then ATC boy let us fly out every 10 min. Wanted 15 miles between planes. So we waited 3.5 hrs on tarmac. Not totally awful BBC hey we were in a really nice big bird (heavy legacy), giddy with a WS win, and still drunk-ish. But didn't make it home to chicago until 7am. MDW was fogged in and pilots took us to dupage airport. Which none of us knew where that was. Basically it felt like landing in Iowa.

Nothing like the excitement of flying to playoff baseball and a game 7. Especially seeing two great teams that both deserved to win.
I remember driving home from work downtown just before the game and there was a line of planes waiting to land at Burke - much longer than anything I had ever seen. Reminded me of when Continental had their hub in CLE and all the little RJ's would be a nice line-up waiting to land. Despite the outcome of the game, it was neat to see and the city was hopping!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.