Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP-AMS-CDG-DAM-TLV-AMS-DTW-MSP

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 1999, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

MSP-AMS-CDG-DAM-TLV-AMS-DTW-MSP

This is my first trip report, but wanted to share something that I think may be helpful. I was meeting a tour group to do Syria, Jordan and Israel. Naturally wanted to fly business and had the miles to do it. MSP-AMS via KLM 747, 3B; noticed that these seats had more bells and whistles than NWA DC10 that flies the route. Front cabin only half full but upstairs is full. Service excellent. Arrived AMS early and had to circle because of noise abaitment, but landed 6am then to lounge for coffee and off to CDG at 8am. 737 but full breakfast in C class. Now, I flew to CDG because I had lots of Delta miles to use on AF. I gave myself plenty of time to change terminals ( from Term 1 to 2B )which was no problem, even with customs, etc. The Business lounge is just above all the gates in 2B, so very convienent. The call to the flight to Damascus got me on the buss and out to a A320, conmfortable, but not set up for long international flights ( seats 2X3 ), but excellent champagne and friendly FA's. Arrived Damascus no problem ( 5.5 hour flight ) Met the tour group and enjoyed that part of the Middle East. However; when leaving Tel Aviv, it was hell. Seem the Security people couldn't understand why I flew AF instead of staying on KLM and this was compounded by a DAM arrival and a TEL departure ( Syria has no peace treaty with Israel ) Good thing I had a copy of the tour itinerary, hotel reciepts ( for laundry etc ) and could show them the AF reciept. This also was compounded by the fact that I was not leaving with the group, because I wanted to travel C class and KLM was my only option. I do travel quite a bit and really couldn't blame the Security Guard for the questions, because only frequent flyers would understad what we would do for an upgrade; but the lesson the I learned was the rest of the world doesn't understand! By the way the KLM to AMS was great ( 767 ) but the KLM AMS-MSP was cancelled in Amesterdam, so I was rerouted via NWA thru DTW, then on to MSP. It made for a long day. Thanks for listening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.