Search

CO LGW-EWR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 1999, 9:22 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
CO LGW-EWR

Just flew CO LGW-EWR on a 777 (coach, of course). I was very impressed with both the aircraft (first time on 777) and level of service.

The emergency exit row (32 for CO) is a must--even my middle seat had huge amounts of leg room. It compared favorably to SR's A330s, my previous comfort champion (including exit rows). Even mechanically I was impressed with the 777; on take-off it seemed to jump off the runway (not like a 767, or lumbering 747). Boeing has a real winner here!

On service, CO challenged my usual mantra that foreign airlines beat domestic. The food was passable (i.e. enough to keep me from going hungry), but even better they served cheese and a cookie between meal and snack. Beverage service was frequent (a must for me, since I average 1 glass of H20/hr)--not as much as SR, but far better than DL (only 3 times on a 9 hour JFK-SVO flight?!?!), and on a par with VS. They even served water in coach before take-off during a 30 min ramp delay! All told, far better than AF.

The in-seat entertainment system gets a big thumbs-up as well. Everything is free--several movies, video games, etc., and the screen is reasonably sized (unlike VS).

No wonder CO doesn't want to revenue pol with NW/Alitalia/KLM on trans-Atlantic--they have good product!
Old Aug 26, 1999, 10:52 am
geo1004

Good report, I too love both the 777 and the A-330. I have not experienced anything but coach on a 777, but it is a very comfy plane. Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.