Air Canada LAX-YUL-YYZ-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 1999, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Air Canada LAX-YUL-YYZ-LAX

The flight from LAX to YUL was pretty uneventful. The A320 had the nice new executive class seats.

I stayed at the I-C in Montreal which was very nice and we had a excellent dinner cruise Tuesday night.

From YUL I couldn't get a direct flight back to LAX as AC only has one per day in the morning. I needed to leave in the evening so I had to route through Toronto. When I arrived at Dorval, I checked in no problem and went to the Maple Leaf Lounge. There I found that all flights to YYZ had an hour delay due to one runway being shut down.

I was quite worried since I had the connection to meet so I asked the MLL staff to rebook me on an earlier flight. They said the waiting list was 8 deep and there was no chance for me. I said "what about Star Gold?". They said my number wasn't on the ticket! So I had them put my United 1K number in and BAM! I was moved up to 2nd on the list. The Star alliance saved me from spending the night in Toronto!

So I made the flight, an A320 with nice new seats, and sweated it out as we spent another 15 minutes on the tarmac at Dorval. Then I sweated some more as I walked a mile to the next gate. But I eventually made it to my LAX flight on time.

There I found a 2 class 767 with very old seats. I should have stuck with the A320. But the flight was uneventful and we arrived 10 minutes early.
Old Aug 26, 1999, 1:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I presume in addition to the old seats that the food was uneventful too?

You know me Stimpy, always interested in the food details.

Glad to see the Star Alliance working out. I guess we have to show our Star Gold cards every time we check in. No number in file was probably one reason I got stuck way in the back of an SAS flight in the spring--also didn't credited for one flight so had to write in (despite the fact that the first boarding pass the gate agent gave me on the first SAS flight was clearly marked Star Gold, the same agent gave me a non coded pass for the second flight, didn't think that was possible).
Old Aug 26, 1999, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

On the YUL-YYZ short flight, we had nice little sandwich rolls with Swiss Chocolate ice cream.

For YYZ-LAX we had the choice of Sea Bass, Steak or Pasta salad. I had the fish and it was OK. Not bad, not great, just OK.

Overall, a comparable UA cross country 767 has far better service and food.
Old Aug 26, 1999, 1:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
... didn't you (stimpy) tell me not to eat any (swiss) chocolates? ... ok - I remember - you didn't refuse the Spruengli icecream I offered you and jamiel as second available choice on our trip from Zurich airport to the sheraton (but you didn't finish the icecream either then...).
Old Aug 26, 1999, 3:07 pm
Original Member

Rudi, Swiss Chocolate icecream is a flavor type in N. America--not like Spruengli. Kind of like French Vanilla...which actually has an "official" meaning (yellow vanilla w/eggyolk)
Old Aug 26, 1999, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I was saying what they served. I didn't eat the ice cream. It said it was authentic Swiss, but I didn't read anymore on the label.

Rudi is correct, I don't do chocolate. It's both a blessing and a curse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.