Search

Hilton at SLC Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 1999, 2:26 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Flying Colonel, Lifetime Silver Medallion, Million Miler
Hilton at SLC Airport

Highly recommend this hotel for the HHonors goodies one receives. Contentinal plus breakfast and drinks with dinner like snacks in evening. Usually a friendly and talkative crowd in the suite upstairs too.
If you qualify for government rate, it is especially inexpensive.
Old Jul 10, 1999, 2:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
it is sometimes our choice, arriving late from Europe (convenient airport location) and going to ski the next day (taking a bus for skiers leaving from the airport). But for a normal stay in Salt Lake city (often on our return to the airport) we prefer the Brigham Street Inn, 1135 South Temple St, 2 miles of Main Street, east of downtown. Rooms are individually decorated (by different modern designers) in this restored Victorian mansion: 9 rooms, 3 story ($85 to $185/room/night), fireplaces in five rooms. I have a catalogue at home showing each room, so when I make the reservation I know what kind of room the talk about. Breakfast is served complimentary "à la table d'hôte" (at one big table in the library like saloon). A "bijou" of a hotel in the US.

[This message has been edited by Rudi (edited 07-10-1999).]
Old Jul 13, 1999, 11:35 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks flygut! I've only been there once before a while back but it is pretty good. Mnay Hilton Airport locations in fact are- New Orleans and Seattle come to mind! I usually stay at the Marriott Salt Lake on W. Temple off the square. Great maintainence since the "boss" often stays here but it's almost essential to stay on the Executive Floor in my view! They used to have a complimentary airport shuttle as well but I'm not certain they still do! Typical Marriott with rooms not too large but with decent to good food at the restaurant!
Old Jul 13, 1999, 9:52 pm

It is a good, convenient hotel. DL put me up there one night this past spring when flights were late & I missed the 'last stage out'.
I've also stayed at Holiday Inn SLC airport and it's not much to talk about.
Old Jul 15, 1999, 9:56 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Spare yourself grief, though, at JKF and do not darken the Hilton door. Had raw sweage in my bathtub...yuk
Old Jul 15, 1999, 9:58 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
That would be sewage, sorry!
Old Jul 16, 1999, 4:38 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Flying Colonel, Lifetime Silver Medallion, Million Miler
Karen2 either way sounds BAD!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.