Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel recom'd for Flagstaff?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 1999, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Hotel recom'd for Flagstaff?

We are having a grand family reunion in Flagstaff the end of July and will have all sorts of ages and sized family groups looking for rooms. Any suggestion for good hotel, better rates? I can get Radisson for $70/nite thru a cousin. Amerisuites is $75 or 80 for a 1 BD suite, Entertainment disc.
Old Jul 12, 1999, 10:17 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
My guess is that you can get better rates at both the Fairfield Inn (Marriott's budget chain) and the Hilton Garden Inn. They are right next to each other on the main drag in Flagstaff (don't recall the name of the road). I was in Flagstaff last October for an evening and stayed at the Fairfield on an award stay. It's your basic Fairfield, nothing special, but clean and comfortable - consistent with the Marriott brand. Of course it doesn't offer the amenities of a Radisson. There is also a Residence Inn on the outskirts of town off I-40.
Old Jul 12, 1999, 11:08 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

MikeKings idea is great and if you want to go to a truly wonderful B& B not far away, try Graham's Bed and Breakfats Inn. It's in Sedona, a great place itself; small, gorgeous, in room VCR's, friendly, great scenery, good pool, excellent golf down the road, wonderful food and afternoon refreshments included in the rate about $125. I submit that there is not a much (significantly) better B&B around!
Old Jul 12, 1999, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. I did check all the Marriott possibilities first because my husband is a Black card and we like to keep it up plus the perks. But I couldn't get better rates than the Radisson at either. Sedona would be nice but it is a drive from Flagstaff and we want to focus on seeing all the relatives. We have been to Sedona before and enjoyed it. We only have 2 days in Flagstaff as it is.
Old Jul 12, 1999, 4:26 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

Don't know if is still around, but the Best Western was really nice. Marble lobby and even a Sushi bar in the hotel. I would never have guessed. I stayed there 2X each year when I would drive my car east/west to get the car to college.
Old Jul 13, 1999, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Sushi in Flagstaff?? Is that an oxymoron?
Old Jul 14, 1999, 10:22 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

OK. So I would not that belive either. It IS the kind of place where they have the tables that you have food cooked in front of you (I hate that) but they do have sushi bar as well (the only place to sit!). And in 1995 the fish was fresh. However, today they may still have the fish from 1995.
Old Jul 15, 1999, 5:29 pm

Was in Flagstaff 7/9-7/12 and noticed many newish motels on S. Milton Rd (Hwy 89A), the main drag. Pace is pretty slow up there, mainly golf, vegging out and Northern AZ U. Great weather - 80F/50F and scenery. Enjoy!
Old Jul 15, 1999, 7:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
I would definitely choose the Radisson Woodlands or the Hilton Garden Inn. I've stayed at the Radisson and found it to be quite nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.